Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dreams - recurring ones.. or what do you like to dream about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This might be a werid post, but I'm just curious - and not sure if this is at all alcohol related - but what do you all dream about? And do you ever wonder what it means?

I have recurring dreams some particular things, and have been having them about once a month ever since I can remember. Nothing really scary (thank goodness) .... But I do wonder what they mean.

So, these are mine:

1. Disgusting, dirty public washrooms with loose toilets which I have to use because I have to pee that badly (this one is likely alcohol related)

2. Flying or bouncing really really high, along with knowing I'm in a dream.

3. Plane crashes, which also tells me I'm in a dream, and I go from there (kinda cool actually)

4. Floating or swimming in the middle of the ocean, but my feet can suddenly touch the bottom.

5. Drowning, but then being able to breathe under water.

6. Being hugged, sometimes in a sexy way, but nothing more. Just feels nice to feel that closeness I guess. This last one is the dream I like to dream about.

........... How about you all ... What do you dream about? Do you ever try to engineer your dreams, in that you try to get them going in a certain direction? Or am I just weird? (probably - lol)

~Catt
    AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

(((Catt)))

Funny u should ask. Last nite I kept dreaming I was, along with some friends, captured by some people who kept stabbing us, non-fatally. It was an awful dream and I woke up depressed as h*ll! Didn't want to go to work but the prime puter person is on leave and someone has to be here, I'm back up.

But yes I can engineer my dreams I have a favorite about George Clooney....but it's rather x-rated.:cheering :tsk:

Comment

I dreamt I sold my Avalanche for something that got better gas mileage.
      Gabby :flower:

Comment

Gabby hon, we need to talk. You need to EXPAND your dreams a little...LOL

Comment

Kittens, kittens and more kittens.

They are everywhere, of all ages, all sizes but...all white.

And they are all hungry.

I often dream of my dead mother. In the dream I know she is dead but she has come back to life just to visit for a bit. She knows this as well, in the dream.
          I believe that this IS a visit.

magic xx :schmokin:
          ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
          I am in the next seat.
          My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

hart, after that horrid experience yesterday with the NP dominatrix from he!!, here is a little something nice for you....

http://wirelessdigest.typepad.com/ph...ge_clooney.jpg

Enjoy your water aerobic class today, OK?

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I need to get on hart's dream program. I can't recall any strange recurring dreams at the moment. I have had some bizarre dreams since quitting smoking. Not so much lately but especially in the first couple months. Some were freaky - like I'd suddenly realize I was smoking a lit cigarette - and FREAKED in my dream not knowing how that happened. But some were funny. The addicted brain tries all kinds of stuff. Remember when we were kids and there would be those silly plastic prizes in the kid cereal boxes?? In one dream I was sitting in the kitchen with Mr. Doggy. I opened a box of cereal, and right there on top were not 1, but 2 packs of one of my secondary brands of cigarettes, and a book of matches. I had to laugh over that one.

I haven't had any wierd dreaming to speak of since quitting booze, but then again I haven't gotten all that much sleep either.

Fun thread Catt!!

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Magic, that happens to me all the time!!!!!
                Exactly what you said...the whole thing about her knowin its a visit and me too. Sometimes I even ask for a visit and have gotton one!

I wonder if our moms know each other???
                Gabby :flower:

Comment

Magic, I have that happen with my Grandma too! It's like a real visit! I haven't had one in a while.. maybe I need to concentrate on that...
                  The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

My dream life is so rich. sometimes I stay in bed and am late for work because I am so taken by my dreams.
                    a recurring one which changed after I met my current BF .
                    I go back to the island where I grew up, usually the dream is about me trying to get to the sea, but I never make it. it's frustrating. Suddenly in the last 4 years I actually go back to the island and I am swimming in the warm blue water, just like when I was a kid.

the other ones are really perverted. :P
                    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Oooooh, hart... sorry you had such a blucky dream. Hope that depressing feeling has passed.

LOL gabby! Ahahahhaha!

Magic, I have only lost one person in my family so far - my grandmother. I did have some really vivid dreams about talking with her, staying good-bye, meeting up again just for a quick hi, etc. I also believe these are visits, and I've read some about this as well. I'm glad your mom comes to you. That's very special.

Wow, Doggy, interesting cig dreams there!

Back to the "visits" ... there was one dream where my grandmother showed up in my bed, as sort of a skeleton, kinda. It was really weird. Freaked me out, and I asked her to please not come back. Months went by, and I started to feel badly. Then I apologized and asked her to visit, and she did. It was weird .. but really neat too.

Thanks you guys .. for the replies. It's all so interesting!

~Catt

Comment

Oops, didn't see your post, Trixie! Neat dream, about trying to gedt to the sea. Reminds me of trying to get away from someone chasing me ... I'd forgotten about those. They don't happen as often, but I usually run through backyards and jump over fences .. or run really really slowly. Hate that!

I love dreams though. They're so cool - even the scary ones .. in an interesting sort of way I mean.

Oh and *lol* perverted dreams ... I usually try to go through those when I'm awake .. Heehee ... although I've had a few while asleep .. that were... um ... well pretty darn good.

~Catt

Comment

I have #3 flying dream in much the same way.

Also I dream about zoo animals in the house, especially big cats, lions and tigers walking around like housecats. They make me nervous, but I usually feel pretty certain that I'm not going to get eaten. Sometimes I dream that polar bears are in my back yard and I wonder how they got there and if they'll figure out how to come in my house.

Last night I dreamt about passing a house while walking my dog noticing that someone's pet cheetahs got outside.
                          "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Comment

OMG - zincity! I have had those too, on more than a few occasions! What a strange, scary, anxious feeling to have a wild animal in your house (usually some sort of wildcat in my case .. but I've had bears as well). Wonder that that all means?! Thanks for posting!

~Catt

Comment

I think all these moms and grandmas know each other and they're all talking about us.

Would the next one to visit PLEASE feed the kittens!

magic xx :schmokin:
                              ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
                              I am in the next seat.
                              My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Working...
                              X