• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Successes

Thanks Rock!
    Gabby :flower:

Comment

Successes

5 months af, due mainly to this site. Thanks for your support.

Comment

Successes

Love it. All these huge successes.

Thanks all.

Can't stop smiling!

Enough is enough

Comment

Successes

I have cut down drinking significantly since finding this site.

Went out last night and was the designated driver...I can count on one hand how many times I have offered to do that It was nice making sure my friends made it from one place to another safely because they were drunk.

I am part of a group starting an autism program at work

Great idea Waves!!
          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Successes

Positives huh? Okay. I was 33 days AF and will be again. My anti-ds have kicked in and I no longer feel like crying every minute of the day and my humor (god bless my wacky outlook on life) has resurfaced. My doggy was great on his trip to see my son at boy scouts. I've kept those 11 pounds off. I flirted w/a great looking guy yesterday. I haven't killed my tenants. I'm looking foward to the camping trip this upcoming week. And I have lots of friends, especially here! :disco:

Comment

Successes

Let's see . . . I'm drinking a lot less and, in fact, I've only one cringe-inducing day (I said that!:nutso since I've been here, human form is developing under my flab (yesterday I was down to 120 lbs--only 10 more to go) for the first time in about five years, I found the courage to spring myself from a prestigious academic appointment which had been causing me misery, I've been getting deeper into Zen, I reached out to my stepmother who had always treated me coldly and now we are on more harmonious terms, and I've met a lot of really cool people here. A LOT, if I don't say so myself! :jumpin:

:heart: E

PS to Waves: Great idea, Waves! I love reading these success stories!:h

Comment

Successes

My greatest success was finding this place last September and now I have been AF for almost ten months..

My most positive thing was retiring early from work and loving every moment of my freedom.

But the BEST thing of all is having my daughter and son tell me how proud they are of me, and having my husband tell me today that this is the best I have looked in years... ( wonder what he's after )
                A F F L..
                Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Successes

bump

Comment

Successes

Starlight started a thread today called Natural Progression and is a great success story!

Comment

Successes

I remember having hypnosis (pre MWO) and trying to cut down from 4 drinks a night to 2 - now since MWO 2 is a lot.

Comment

Successes

Some of my music will be performed in a live concert with full orchestra and choir next month (first public performance of my orchestral music!)

I raised a baby girl that grew up to be a beautiful independent minded young woman. She moved out 2 months ago. She still calls me daddy, and tells me she loves me.

I hardly ever wore shoes in college, and they still let me graduate, now I go to work barefoot.

I haven't had a drink in 4 days.

Comment

Working...
                        X