Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing Our Mothers

Thank You

Thank you All for sharing. Yes, Niblet, I knew I was not alone.

I think that bak hit the nail on the head, we have been loved by amazing people. And yes, bak, my mother, with all her faults, was a gift. And I love her.

So was this thread. Thanks again to everyone to has shared their broken hearts and their tears.

Nancy. :happyheart:

P.S.Camper, I'm going to look for that book today, thanks.

P.S. Hope you enjoyed your Grandpa!!
    ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
    I am in the next seat.
    My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Losing Our Mothers

Wow, talk about coincidence. My mother was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer in 2002. she lived 15 months. During that time my drinking went into overdrive. It was the one thing I had to look forward to when I came home from the hospital or the nursing home. After she was gone, I kept up the heaving drinking. I miss her every day and just can't believe she's gone. It will be my present to her to get myself back on track. To all who are dealing with this, I understand and empathize. Been there, done that, and got the wine glass. Voodoo Queen.

Comment

Losing Our Mothers

I was worried about reading this thread because a paren't death is a pivotal point in any one's life. I agree with the poster who said she felt 12 and an orphan, that's exactly how I felt. We had just been transferred so she withheld her illness (ovarian cancer) from me, and like Hart I was very angry about that.

It is so great to be able to discuss this with so many compassionate people.

:h
        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Losing Our Mothers

I lost my beloved mother when I was 30 and it breaks my heart that she will never see her granddaughters in whom she would have taken such delight. She fought breast cancer, not for very long that we were aware of, but had probably been eating her up a long time. My mum was used to coping having suffered cerebral palsy all her life and maybe symptoms were masked. It scares me I might pass this legacy of pain to my own daughters early because of my drinking. I am already an old mum having been 40 when I had my younger now 2. My mum would not like what I have become. I am trying to change.
          Pipsqueak

Comment

Working...
          X