Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I remember my father. (wanted to put in new thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY father....
    Everyone in my family...cousins. etc, would always come to him for advice. Though my father always felt inadiquate because his mother & father never married, he was the best father that ever lived. We always had people @ our house ; people I never even knew, coming to see my father. They knew him, but I did'nt know them ! He was never without a friend. I wish I was as wise as my father! IAD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by IAD : Today at 06:19 PM.
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

IAD - I can hear your love for your father in your post. I'm glad you remember him so fondly.

:l
    Marcie

Comment

IAD you are so lucky to be able to remember your father with so much love.
      One day soon you will be as wise as he was , you are certainly not without
      friends
      Love Paula.x

Comment

IAD you were so fortunate to have him just as we were to have our mothers. :h
        Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

I'm glad you feel so fondly about your father, IAD. I miss my dad a lot too. He died in 1993. He was a terrific guy in so many ways. In another way though, his death allowed my mom to bloom, because he was so much more personable than she. It has been so interesting to watch her grow in the last 14 years. As I mentioned in the other thread, I am dreading losing her too, as I must someday.
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Young @ Heart,
            Yes my mothers death will be my biggest heart break to date! IAD
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Guys don't dwell on it now, enjoy your mommies while you have them. :h
              Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

It's funny, IAD, but my father was like the Pied Piper with kids. When we were kids, and even teens, all my friends loved him. Even when we were grown and a whole new generation of kids were on our block, all the kids would come by and see him. When he was older and more limited (and like me, drank 3-4 glasses of wine a day), he would sit on the front lawn in his lawn chair, and all the kids on the street would visit him throughout the day on weekends. They just loved him. He was a lot of fun to talk to. He was a fighter-bomber pilot in WWII, and all my boyfriends loved him. He was pretty accepting of them, and boy did they love his "war stories"!

Oh well, I could go on and on! He was quite a character.

Kathy

Comment

Happy, I'm going up to NY in a few weeks. I do intend to enjoy my mom while I still have her! I'm not dwelling. I'm just aware. Take care sweetie! LUV YA LOTS!

Comment

Its not like dwelling on losing the loved parent that you still have. Its just that having lived the pain of losing the other parent you know how hard it is and dont want to deal with it ever again.

I remember jumping off a really high cliff into water. It was fun and I did it again. BUT..... It was actually harder the second time. Cuz I knew the rush and the scarieness. Tho I knew I could get through it again it was still harder and I took much longer to take the plunge.

So I see what Kathy and IAD are sayin.
                    Gabby :flower:

Comment

Memories,
                      They are so bitter sweet! Yet they are sweet. because it makes you think of things that made you what you are today. The way your parents brought you up. the way you lived. I know that a lot of you probably had disfuntional families and you can't fantom what were talking about. For you I feel bad, Then again we have become what we are in spite of our parents up brinning. (DRUNKS) Go fiquire ! IAD
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

IAD----glad you started a Father's thread.

My family of origin was extremely dysfunctional but I still have many sweet memories. My parents caused me a lot of grief and sadness while alive but I miss them desperately now that they are gone. They were both wonderful grandparents.

Perhaps having gone through the "me" work that I have has helped me to see that they were doing the best that they could.

Lushy is right, I am lucky to have had them. They made me who I am and despite my many many problems, I am a good soul.

Luvu, I think about you everyday.

magic xx :schmokin:

(and if you're reading this, so are you!......a good soul)
                        ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
                        I am in the next seat.
                        My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Lots of memories flooding back here. My da was a brilliant star. Always full of laughter and love. He was a little scrappy too being Irish but almost everyone adored him. He was truly great fun and had a twinkle in his eye.
                          I miss him
                          K
                          Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
                          April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
                          wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
                          wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
                          wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
                          wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
                          wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
                          wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
                          http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

Working...
                          X