Aussies - Four Corners Tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, just saw an add for Four Corners tonight on ABC at 8.30pm "For the Children's Sakes", - looks at the challenges facing the children of drug & alcohol addicted parents.

Let's see what we have to say about it tomorrow?

:thanks:
    :rolleyesmonkey: Tahlula :rolleyesmonkey:
    Trim the tree to let in the sunshine...

Thanks Tahlua, I'll tape it.
    It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Thanks T sounds interesting.
      "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

I love Four Corners and always watch (also love Media Watch after - go Monica!!). Should be finished Harry by then.

Comment

Did anyone get to see it? I was asleep! I see it will be repeated on ABC2 on Wednesday though.

Comment

My son watched it!

While I was in the kitchen last night (first af), my 3 year old daughter goes to the fridge and takes out the empty bottle of wine that I left in there from the previous night (there is a drop in there)... she pulls it out and says, here Mum, here's your wine. I just smiled at her and said no thanks love, Mum isn't having any wine tonite, just juice.... My 7 year old son looks at me with look, like what?? Then he preceded to tell me all about Four Corners the night before (he has a TV in his bedroom that goes on sleep timer) and how this 'STUPID WOMAN' nearly drank herself to death, when she was PREGNANT.... I just shook my head (thinking, he knows I was drinking too much)... and said, that is very sad, I hope she is better now!

Kids know too much (well when it's put in their face, what choice do they have!) I don't want my kids to turn around when they are teenagers/early adult and have horrible memories of a drunk mother! Arrrgghh

It is being aired again tonight, yippeee, I'll be able to watch it - sober!

Thanks xx

Comment

That was SO sad..... Did anyone else see it at all?

Comment

I have to admit that I missed it, AND forgot to tape it. Bummer.
                It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Yeah I saw it! I must say it was sobering. Despite the sadness it is great to know that some people are able to see their way through and the light at the end of the tunnel. I so admire these people for having the strength to pick themselves up and battle for the sake of their children. It was interesting to note over all that the children themselves preferred to stay with their parents despite the chaotic lifestyle. I'm all for this too although I do realise there is a fine line sometimes when violence is involved. Best of luck to them and us too. It was inspiring

Comment

Working...
                  X