OK this is weird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK this is weird

As the title says something strange is going on in Satori's head! (nothing new there I hear you cry!)

I have been here about 6 months and have moderated more or less successfully, thanks to the support of all you amazing people out there.
    But - it has to be said - that it has always been a case of me having to be vigilant and denying myself something I still wanted to indulge in.

Well - something changed in the middle of last week - and I dont know what it was - but I woke up on thursday last week actually DISLIKING the idea of drinking. I felt like I really didn't want to drink any more of the stuff.
    It is almost like I am tired of all the hassle that goes with drinking, tired of knowing I am damaging my health and tired of all the effort that goes into this.

This feeling has persisted all weekend (my usual time for wanting /allowing myself a couple of drinks) and I have not touched the stuff over the weekend, and haven't wanted to - even while out for a meal on Friday evening and even though She Who Must Be Obeyed has been having a couple of glasses of wine over the weekend

Anyone else had this happen?

The only thing I have done different is that I had started taking the occasional dose of Kudzu the week BEFORE last week - but I emphasise OCCASIONAL. I have not taken any at all last week.

All I can say is - I hope it lasts!!!

Satori
    xxx
    "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

OK this is weird

Hi Satori,

Many congratulations on the achievements so far, and all I can say is go with the feeling - I'm not sure I've woken up with such a strong 'I don't want to drink', more it's been such a relief not to be drinking and for exactly the reasons you say - the relief from the voices in my head, the calmness I've felt not having to battle each day, or waking up with the regrets in the morning. I'm not taking any medication so there was no other reason behind it apart from such a wonderful sense of well-being, control and 'relief' - that's the word I keep coming back to.

I have to say that having been af for 3 months I then had some challenges in life and felt a little drink wouldn't do me any harm, and although I certainly didn't return to drinking as I was, it very quickly started heading to finding those excuses again, the little arguments that went on in my head, justifications for 'just one'... so very quickly I jumped back on the wagon and off I go again.

So enjoy! it sounds like for the first time you feel a sense of 'freedom' from alcohol - not just being alcohol free, so many congratulations and long may it last!
    :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
    Goals:
    Days 1-7 DONE
    Days 8-14 DONE
    Days 15-21 DONE
    30 days DONE
    60 days
    100 days

Comment

OK this is weird

Hi arial,

If it lasts 3 months - I would be a very happy man!

Well done you!

Up till now, people who could go for more than a few days AF seemed superhuman to me.
      But for the first time - perhaps there is a glimmer of hope!

It wasn't so much a "strong feeling I didn't want to drink any more " - more a feeling of an absence of any craving or desire for alcohol - a disinterested feeling - a "Just cant be *rsed with it any more" sort of feeling.

For me - that is STRANGE!

Take care

Satori
      xxx
      "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

OK this is weird

Hi Satori,
        Know exactly what you mean...........I got to the oint after 6 wks. of mods where I "can`t be a**** with it either" LOL

I went abs yesterday..........no point in drinking any more if we won`t allow ourselves to get BLOOTERED!!!! ha ha ha

Starlight Impress

Comment

OK this is weird

I meant point, not "oint" LOL

Comment

OK this is weird

Please bottle the feeling and send me some !

1 x 10gr of "can't be ar*ed to drink" would be a great idea. You should patent it Satori.

Comment

OK this is weird

Hi Starlight

Just joined you lot on Music mans new 30 days Abs thread!

Like you said over there - OMG - cant believe I'm doing this!!!!!

Satori
              xxx

Comment

OK this is weird

Congratulations Satori!!

I still have that feeling after nearly 8 months abs..... I even picked one up and sniffed it a couple of weeks ago and couldn't believe I drank so much of it!
                It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

OK this is weird

That's great Satori. I haven't had the full "I'm not drinking anymore" feeling but I have not wanted or thought about drinking as much as I used too. This started happening for me about a week ago. I even went out with friends which most of the time led to way too much drinking for me and offered to be designated driver instead. I just don't have the desire like I used too and I also hope this feeling lasts!
                  I have been taking the kudzu and l-glut consistently and really think that's what is working for me right now.
                  Take care
                  "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

OK this is weird

Hi Flip

Yep - hope it lasts!

8 months OMG!
                    That is amazing!

Satori
                    xxx

Comment

OK this is weird

Satori-

I know exactly what you are feeling. I had been moderating since May and finally friday I said no more and had the easiest time this weekend. I swear moderation (for me) was harder. I was focusing almost too much on alcohol and how much and when I could drink it. I, too have been taking kudzu and it seems to be working extremely well. Great job! I had a completely af weekend and am ready to keep on going.
                      AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

OK this is weird

Hey Beaches , Almost...,

Perhaps we (hopefully) have all turned some kind of corner and there is finally light at the other end of the tunnel.

I do really hope so - it is SO much easier feeling like this!

Take care

Satori
                        xxx

Comment

OK this is weird

It sure is easier! I wish you the best. I decided friday to join the "new 30 day group" on the monthly abstinence board and am going for it. I know it will be one day at a time but I really want to do it. At least the first 3 days weren't bad. Hang in there and enjoy turning the corner!!! : )
                          AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

OK this is weird

i know the feeling satori...it is wonderful to wake up one mrning and have that little voice just go away...but for me its like a process of mods first i think...the more mods days i go the more towards abs i want to be and today i am just about there because drinking is just not fun when you know what you are really doing to yourself and why...too much trouble....wheres that abs sign-up list....

cap

Comment

OK this is weird

All I can say is wonders never cease and I could not be happier for you. I wish you could bottle that feeling. You would have many buyers!

Continued success-

Comment

Working...
                              X