To all the brits about flooding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heya all the Brits being flooded away... I hope no one here is effected but even if you arent directly effected I hope those in your country are getting the help they need. Floods and flood damage really are quite horrible.

Please stay safe and I hope that you are all uneffected. If you are please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
    Hablur

Ditto to what Hablur said. I haven't kept up with the news much, but what little I've heard sounds pretty dreadful. I hope all of our MWO members are okay, but I send prayers for ALL in Britain who are affected by the flooding.

Take care dear friends.

Lots of love,:h

Kathy

You're so thoughtful, Hablur!
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Double ditto! I was watching the news tonight and thought of you guys in the UK. I hope you all are not directly or indirectly affected. And for those who are - many prayers for you, yours, your homes and most importantly your safety.

Comment

Well, it's in the south of England and so some of our members will be affected. The Thames River is now rising.

Stay safe my friends and we are all thinking of you.
        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Thanks for your concerns, it really is horrendous over here, Luckily we're not in the worst of it at the minute where I am ....

Love and hugs to my UK buddies that are .........

BB xx
          sigpicXXX

Comment

Hi and thankyou all for your thoughts and concern, I live 10 mins walk from the River severn in Worcestshire and I have seen the damage up close and personnal fortunately where my house is fingers crossed its safe, but I have had 3 power cuts so far, nothing major but if the rain continues there is a good chance my house could loose electricity in a big way. The Local park is under water it was very strange to see as I take my son there quite often. The sun is out today here so Im going to make the most of it as the rain is forecast for the next three days.

They are saying on the news thats its possibly that Global warming has caused this too happen if so I think its pretty scary especially for the future of our children.

Comment

Global Warming is here and very real! I reccomend you all watch a movie called "An inconvenient truth" by Al Gore. No matter your political standing it's a real eye opener!!

My heart goes out to ALL those effected around the world by climate change and natural disaster.

Feel quite safe here on my southern tip of Africa at the moment but like we've seen. Anything can happen.
              Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
              Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

Comment

Hi everyone,

Luckily where I am we are ok, the River Thames - London South East area is 1 minute from my house, but we have not seen any flooding or anything, from my garden we could see the tops of ships going by.

We have cut away areas where the river goes into before it floods, these are about 500m (1500ft) long and 10m (30ft) deep, so fingers crossed we are ok.

I pray everyone affected everywhere will be all right.

Thanks for asking us Brits and thinking about us !

regards
                Diamond xx
                I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Working...
                X