What do I say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do I say

I bought a box of wine this evening. Hubby was very mad about it. He gets mad when he can tell I was drinking, so I thought I would save him the drama and just put it in the fridge. Gosh, I think I got much more anger than if I had been noticeably drunk without him noticing I had newly bought alcohol in the fridge.

So he asked why did I do it, and I don't know how to explain to him that it wasn't planned etc. Has anyone had this come up before? Is there a way to tell hubby without yelling?
    Marcie

What do I say

I would say, 'if I am going to drink you might as well know - you always do anyway'. Then simply say, 'there is no point in hiding it is there?'

A toughy but that is what I would say. If he knows when you drink then it kind of seems pointless hiding it and just explain that to him. Although I have done this as well. My hubby always knew when I had been and would be more p'd off at me when I did hide it and didn't share it.

Comment

What do I say

I have no idea how it is possible to hide drinking - please advise (hehehe just jokes). I know that even if I have 1 beer you can smell it a mile away, plus I get the wobbly legs and the going nowhere chats etc...
      Good job!:goodjob:

Comment

What do I say

Hi memarcie,
        You should just tell your hubby straight that dictating to you will not help you in any way.
        Tell him that you need his support and would very much appreciate it, but that people who successfully quit drinking are those who really want to as opposed to those who are `forced` to quit.
        Explain to him how truly difficult it is not to succumb and that you won`t be treated like a kid who feels they have to hide something because you`re afraid he`ll blow up at you. Just tell him that he`s helping you more if he can turn a blind eye to the nights you buy booze and praise you to the High Heavens on the nights you don`t bring any home..........that`s what you call real support!!!

Much love,

Starlight Impress

Comment

What do I say

HI memarcie,

I agree with what others have said.
          Starlight is right, for 14 years my husband has begged me, shouted at me, threatened to leave me, everything, but I NEVER gave up till I said 'I'm ready'.

can your husband read some books on the subject or come on here, maybe he doesn't know how hard it is to stop?

Good Luck with this

Diamond x
          I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
          I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Working...
          X