Still Trying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still Trying

Well here I am still trying to kick booze. Have been on the program since before Christmas. I have made progress but still can't quit completely. Am on Vivitrol injections and taking the supps. I am not drinking like I used to but always talk myself into having wine after several days AF. Maybe I need the drug that makes you sick if you drink. Anyone try it?

Still Trying

Hi there

You should look on the medication threads, lots of stuff about meds, and I think there is info about Antabuse.

I haven't taken meds but it seems that you need other things to tackle the psychological issues related to drinking. the hypno CDs are good...

Comment

Still Trying

I agree with nancy, people will notice your thread more on the meds threads ! (does that make me a rhyming poet - meds threads - no thought not !!)
      I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
      I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Still Trying

Good for you, Cajunkritter, for your perseverance! There is a new 30 day thread started in the Monthly Abs Forum if you want to join us - many have been moderating and have decided to try AF for a while - you'd be very welcome if you think the extra boost would hlep?!!

Good luck with the meds questions - can't help you there but I'm sure you'll find people who can...

Warmest wishes,
        :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
        Goals:
        Days 1-7 DONE
        Days 8-14 DONE
        Days 15-21 DONE
        30 days DONE
        60 days
        100 days

Comment

Still Trying

Hi Cajun Critter,
          I am just like you! Could string together 4-5 af days then a glas or two of wine would interrupt. I decided to go on a 30 day abs journey to see how I feel after that.... I am on Topamax and find it helpful, but there are some other helpful meds in the meds threads to go through...hee hee.

Good job for moderating for so long
          CAP

Comment

Working...
          X