My Day 2... Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Day 2... Again

Well I'm here again, My familiar day 2. Was very chuffed with myself for gettin thru day 1 an proud of myself for drivin straight home after work just now. I have a large glass of diet pepsi, have popped an L.Glute and my campral and have picked up my lap-top. One thing that I find so hard is knowing that - Yes I will feel really good about myself for gettin thru today, but tomorrow it all begins again and I dont know if I can sustain it. ( those of you who know me know I cant ever get passed 2 days). I have ordered GABA from this site and have everything crossed that it will be my missing link. I have also booked a doctors app to maybe get naltrexone. Love to everyone:h :hug: :groupluv:
    Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

My Day 2... Again

Hey Maxineanne,

I am on my second night tonight and to be honest I have had such a stressful day today, it would normally be second nature to just leap into the bottle store and buy a couple of bottles of wine. I had money on the way home, (was seriously thinking drink, drink, drink) and decided that I would go home first, take my supps and get on here. I reckon I have passed the danger time now.
    Just give your second night that little bit of gritted teeth extra effort and it may work for you.
    Hope it does
    Amelia
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

My Day 2... Again

Hey I am on day 2 Too!

Last night sucked and I could NOT sleep but I am prepared to NOT drink tonight.

Good luck guys! :h
      Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

My Day 2... Again

hello Amelia and HC. It is nice to know we are in this together. Amelia I too feel I av passed my danger time. I have actually eaten a meal(I usually just drink then binge eat junk). Happy Camper, I too tossed and turned last night. thats one of the worse things the insomnia. I also get twitchy legs. I am usually so out of it I fall into bed near comatosed. xx

Comment

My Day 2... Again

Way to Go Maxineanne!!!!
          Excellent to hear! Yep, I have been through these early days before - you've just gotta keep on telling yourself it's part of it.
          Keep it up. Thinking of you tossing and turning as I do tonight

Amelia
          Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

My Day 2... Again

do you know what scares me. the fact that so many people here give hope and encouragement which really helps, but then several days/weeks later the same people have fallen and slipped back. I feel this can never be beaten and wonder why I'm even trying. sorry to be all doom an gloom

Comment

My Day 2... Again

Well, I reckon it is all about learning from where you have gone wrong in the past.
              I now know that I can get through the evening (even if I feel like shit) if I take my supps and log on in here!!
              So that is positive progress to me. As long as drinking isn't working, I reckon you have to keep on thinking about quiting.
              Amelia
              xx
              Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

My Day 2... Again

You're cranky because you are on Day 2, believe me no one throws a party on day 2.
                You are going through withdrawal, anxiety and depression and not thinking clearly. I know because I feel the same way. I have to keep telling myself that every day will be better. I've gone 18 days, that's my longest, and I fell back in because I got horrible news. We have to try really hard. It's not supposed to be easy, otherwise we wouldn't be here. There are a number of people that are long term abstainers- go on that board, it will give you inspiration. And try to sleep through as much of the next few days as you can! Get some calming tea (celestial seasonings makes one called Sleepytime extra), also benadryl is quite safe for sleep. Do you have Calms Forte? You can get that at the vitamin store along with some melatonin which is also great for sleep. I have all of these things as part of my ammo along with my L-glut, and Campral, and naltrexone! Good luck!
                Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

My Day 2... Again

HC. So how come you couldnt sleep!! You right I am cranky GRRR

Comment

My Day 2... Again

I couldn't sleep because it was day 1 and I was detoxing! Plus I am an AWFUL sleeper anyway. Probably half the reason I drank in the first place. Too much anxiety and my brain won't shut down in the damn bed.

Comment

My Day 2... Again

Looks like we are all gonna get through tonight,....I hope so. I am off to bed AF. Hope you guys are too.

Amelia x
                      Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Working...
                      X