X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breakfast at McDonalds

I hope no minds I posted this here.

Subject: Breakfast at McDonald's

A Return is Requested....You'll see why!

Breakfast at McDonald's

This is a good story and is true, please read it all the way through until the end! (After the story, there are some very interesting facts!):

I am a mother of three (ages 14, 12, 3) and have recently completed my college degree.

The last class I had to take was Sociology.

The teacher was absolutel y inspiring with the qualities that I wish every human being had been graced with.

Her last project of the term was called, "Smile."

The class was asked to go out and smile at three people and document their reactions.

I am a very friendly person and always smile at everyone and say hello anyway. So, I thought this would be a piece of cake, literally.

Soon after we were assigned the project, my husband, youngest son, and I went out to McDonald's one crisp March morning.

It was just our way of sharing special playtime with our son.

We were standing in line, waiting to be served, when all of a sudden everyone around us began to back away, and then even my husband did.

I did not move an inch... an overwhelming feeling of panic welled up inside of me as I turned to see why they had moved.

As I turned around I smelled a horrible "dirty body" smell, and there standing behind me were two poor homeless men.

As I looked down at the short gentleman, close to me, he was "smiling".

His beautiful sky blue eyes were full of God's Light as he searched for acceptance.

He said, "Good day" as he counted the few coins he had been clutching.

The second man fumbled with his hands as he stood behind his friend. I realized the second man was mentally challenged and the blue-eyed gentleman was his salvation.

I held my tears as I stood there with them.

The young lady at the counter asked him what they wanted.

He said, "Coffee is all Miss" because that was all they could afford. (If they wanted to sit in the restaurant and warm up, they had to buy something. He just wanted to be warm).

Then I really felt it - the compulsion was so great I almost reached out and embraced the littl e man with the blue eyes.< BR>

That is when I noticed all eyes in the restaurant were set on me, judging my every action.

I smiled and asked the young lady behind the counter to give me two more breakfast meals on a separate tray.

I then walked around the corner to the table that the men had chosen as a resting spot. I put the tray on the table and laid my hand on the blue-eyed gentleman's cold hand.

He looked up at me, with tears in his eyes, and said, "Thank you."

I leaned over, began to pat his hand and said, "I did not do this for you. God is here working through me to give you hope."

I started to cry as I walked away to join my husband and son. When I sat down my husband smiled at me and said, "That is why God gave you to me, Honey, to give me hope."

We held hands for a moment and at that time, we knew that only because of the Grace that we had been given were we able to give.

We are not church goers, but we are believers.

That day showed me the pure Light of God's sweet love.

I returned to college, on the last evening of class, with this story in hand.

I turned in "my project" and the instructor read it.

Then she looked up at me and said, "Can I share this?"

I slowly nodded as she got the attention of the class.

She began to read and that is when I knew that we as human beings and being part of God share this need to heal people and to be healed.

In my own way I had touched the people at McDonald's, my son, instructor, and every soul that shared the classroom on the last night I spent as a college student.

I graduated with one of the biggest lessons I would ever learn:

UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE.

Much love and compassion is sent to each and every person who may read this and learn how to LOVE PEOPLE AND USE THINGS - NOT LOVE THINGS AND USE PEOPLE.

There is an Angel sent to watch over you.

In order for her to work , you must pass this on to the pe ople you want watched over.

An Angel wrote:

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.

To handle yourself, use your head.

To handle others, use your heart.

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Breakfast at McDonalds

That was awesome!!!

Comment

Breakfast at McDonalds

You brought tears to my eyes Thank you!

Comment

Breakfast at McDonalds

Thanks, Jacy. It's a beautiful story and one worth remembering!
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Breakfast at McDonalds

I read yoru post at work earlier (tears and all) ... couldn't post until now at home. I wanted to say thank you for posting that. Yes, a beautiful story. Sure gets you thinking.
          AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Breakfast at McDonalds

That was great. Thanks, I love those kind of stories.
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Breakfast at McDonalds

It brought tears to my eyes as well when I read it. I just had to share it with all you wonderful people.

Jacy :heart:

Comment

Breakfast at McDonalds

Jacy

You made me cry Jacy.

Thank you, that was just beautiful.

magic xx:schmokin:
                ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
                I am in the next seat.
                My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Breakfast at McDonalds

that was beautiful...thank you

cap

Comment

Breakfast at McDonalds

well, jacy, i hate things that try to convert you, but i don't think that's what you meant and that was truly a wonderful story and i hope i will do the same when i come into a similar situation. it does not really matter whether you put things in terms of God or angels, what matters is that we as humans see each other, help each other, and know that we are better people when we do.

good for you for doing a good thing and good for you for sharing it-- it will have rippling effects as many of us will now look for ways to do similar gestures.
                    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Breakfast at McDonalds

It was a wonderful story no matter what the religious context was. More of us should do these things. We can moan and groan all day long about our problems but none of us are starving and we all have roofs over our heads. And the internet!
                      Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Breakfast at McDonalds

Very inspirational ! Thank-You for sharing .. ~Niblet~

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Breakfast at McDonalds

Tears in my eyes too ....

Thanks, BB xx
                          sigpicXXX

Comment

Breakfast at McDonalds

Thanks

What an awesome story, tears in my eyes here too, thanks for sharing, joesgal xx

Comment

Breakfast at McDonalds

Thank you Jacy,

it was a good reminder to me

thanks again
                              Diamond x
                              I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                              I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Working...
                              X