bashn my head against a brick wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as I like to stay out of trouble, I think I am better at getting into it.
    I am always telling myself that my fitness routine will start next time,I will not have another drink after this one or the next, maybe tomorrow, I seem to be only able to convince myself that 2-3 days af is enough then I seem to make an absolute dick of myself. I have at least stopped my habit of serial drink driving. One thing to be proud of I spose. I have been here for a while, absent a while too, PLease help me with any motivation technique (apart from cds) love you all
    "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Have you tried the kudzu, l-glutamin and other craving reducers? What about the Topamax, or other meds like campral and naltrextone? Also GABA and lithium orotate are supposed to help with cravings. Sorry I haven't tried any as I can't get them where I live, but many who have tried them have shared their experiences, especially in the meds forum and the holistic healing forum. check it out if you haven't already.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Cheers , have tried campral and naltexone, have seemed to beat both of them cant get topa here , gunna try the rest of my naltrexone again with some stronger will power will see how that goes, If i was a cat I would say that I am on about my ninth life !
      "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

Hi Maxman, nice to see you again ....

Sheer determination works wonders even without the drugs ......

Be strong, you CAN do this ....

Love & Hugs, BB xx
        sigpicXXX

Comment

love you betty

Comment

Hey Satori Ive got the bag and the fancy gloves now all I need it the technique, Any tips?

Comment

Hi again Maxman.

I give myself points for exercise days and moderation/AF days. So possible 2 points per day.

I have to get 10 points in a week. So if I do more exercise...
              Enough is enough

Comment

yeah it's good to have a plan... even if you don't actually follow it, it will help you to at least moderate. My plan and goal is always AF, the result is that I moderate and feel terrible but at least it is less than if I dodn't plan the AF. I also think the CDs help, even if not the hypno part, the repetition of what you want, it keeps coming back to you, like "Alcohol is poison" etc.
                Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Maxman been wonderin where you've been! great to see you back. I was absent for a while too giving in to my demons but I am back and on day 4( never could get passed day 2 so feelin chuffed) altho today not good for me, was so tempted to drink but didnt. Dont know about tomorro, if i feel as bad as this I may just give in. I hope I dont tho. I am on campral, cant see how its helping cuz craving so bad. going to doctors tues to ask for naltrexone. does it help any more with the crvings than campral?? anyway chuffed to see you back your posts always amused me xx
                  Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

Comment

The naltrexone seemed to make the cravings go and gives the grog a funny taste, but your head has to be in the right place or it wont work. Even though the beer tasted like crap , I still stuck at it. going to get on the af wagon,drink lots of green tea and keep on talking to all of my mates at mwo! thanks maxine

Comment

Maxman - so glad to hear from you again and to hear that you are going back on the wagon. It is tough, we all know that and feel for you. My best advice right now is to not look too far ahead if that scares you (and it probably will). Take ONE DAY AT A TIME, one moment at a time, one decision at a time. Yesterday was good or bad, but today is the only thing you can be responsible for right now. And tomorrow - well, worry about that tomorrow. You can do whatever you want TODAY - you do have control over that.

I highly recommend the kudzu and at least the L-glut - they definitely help me a lot.

Posting every day, even several times a day can also help a lot. Instead of taking that first drink, just log on here and read for 5 minutes. Then see if you REALLY still want that drink. We are here 24/7 and never get tired. There are too many of us!!!!

Best of luck.
                      Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Had sister in laws 21st birthday dinner last night, was the designated driver and didnt touch a drop! Crikey! not bad considering it was in a pub and most people were drinking around me. I am very proud of myself at the moment. I didnt even feel left out that I wasnt drinking, usually I would have snuck into the next bar and had a couple of sly ones.heading down to the local craft market with the family this morning and the sun is shining. What a beautiful day. Thanks and good luck everyone

Comment

Yes, it is a beautiful day isn't it? Many more of those in your future!!
                          Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Congrats Maxman on your Af Day 1 and I look forward to hearing about your progress, please stay in touch. You can do it, WE ALL CAN DO IT. it is AF Day 4 for me and I feel great.

Big hugs,
                            Janet:h
                            AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

2 days down all is good! feeling great. forgot to mention that I have weened myself off the anti depressants. I finally realised that it was the grog that was making me worse, not actually nuumbing which was the desired effect. I have cut down heaps but still want to maintain a huge af period before even thinking about mods. It was my brothers birthday last month , it is getting easier each year, stayed af on the day but stuffed up either side. It is hard to believe that it has been five years since he died.(i have told his story in previous posts) It is important for me to think he would be proud of his big bro.

Anyway the little bloke is now eight months old and is starting to crawl and his sisters are now 3 and 4, we moved into our new house 3 weeks ago and have settled in really well, our business that we started 2.5 yrs ago is going really well and I have a new exhibition starting at the end of august to prepare for. If there is anyone in Vic that would be interested to see some of my work on show let us know! I have lots of positive things to focus on and I am putting the negatives behind me.

Thanks for listening to me
                              Max

Comment

Working...
                              X