First dose of Topa today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, I took my first dose of Topa about five minutes ago and am drinking lots of water and chilling out this weekend.

Here's a question....does Topa have a "come on" effect when it hits your system? In other words, am I going to expect double vision, or fatigue, or "trippiness" or anything of the like?

I am not one for drugs so I am doing this for the alcohol issue, obviously. If anyone has any "nopes" or "yeps" to this question, I would appreciate hearing about it.

I think the anticipation of it "kicking in" has got me a bit uptight.

live, nope is the answer for me. you wont have an OMG I just took that topa pill I promise. You wont even notice anything probably. I will promise that it will help you not crave alcohol. I've gone over a year without drinkin. Topa has helped me tremendously. Can't wait to see your progress.
    Gabby :flower:

Comment

I agree with gabby, you wont notice anything. When I was on it a couple of days into it I drank a soda, and that is when i noticed the side effect of it making pop taste wierd.
      It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
      James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Sounds fine to me...

Thank you both for your prompt input....I suppose I was waiting for the ceiling to turn purple and start spinning.

:egad:

At any rate, I will keep you all posted to my progress. So thanks. I really appreciate the support I get here.

Comment

I just took my first 125 mg of topa, up from 100 mg. I'll let you know if I see pink elephants. :H

Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Wowza!

Okay, no pink elephants thankfully in the middle of the night .

Oddly, and I'll call this a coincidence, but I'd been doing the L-Glutamine, etc and had maybe a glass of wine last night after my first Topa. Perhaps 4 ounces. I usually drink about 4 - 6 "stiff" hard liquors a night. Perhaps it's the relief of having the prescription in hand, or the motivation to just get it done, or the Topa, or a combination.

Whatever it is, I'll keep posting to my progress.

Also, a great sleep and I didn't cap off my drinks (a conscious decision - pardon the pun) with the usual antihistamine or two to ensure I didn't wake up from the booze-effect with dry mouth and horrible thirst in the middle of the night.

Comment

Working...
            X