Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help, I'm drowning in my own soup!

Hi! All
    I just can't get out of this rut. I'll stop drinking for 2 or 3 days and then somrthing will happen and I hit the bottle again. Sometimes I feel that I'm just such a loser. I have'nt given up, every day I will continue to fight this ! Tommorrow is another day one. IAD
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

HI IAD if you read my post in general discussission "FRIDAY NIGHT DAY 4" you will see how alike we are! I never could get passed day 2 except on the odd occasion, but today is day 5 and I am feeling a little more chilled. agonised about buying wine all day but took supps and bought some AF Becks beer(its really not too bad) and so far I'm ok. Who knows I may cave tomorrow but I'll face that then. xx
    Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

Comment

Hi IAD,

I was like you. But I was kidding myself i was moderating though !

Until it clicked in my mind that I had to stop I just kept going out and buying more.
      I am sorry you are finding it hard, but I am glad you are not giving up i am rooting for you and so is everyone else on here.

I know you are strong 'cos I've seen your posts, I'll say one for you tonight, God Bless

Diamond x
      I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
      I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Thanks All,
        I needed that. Will continue to fight this beast that consumes us all ! IAD !
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

I feel just like you IAD

I keep waiting for my brain to work right!!

I am so sick of being the one that keeps failing/falling!!

What is so irritating is I know it is me, my decision. No one is putting a drink in my hand but me!!! The buck stops here. No reason or excuse except that fear of living without the "friend."

Back to day one and sick and disgusted with myself because of it.

Titrated topa up another 25 mg to 125 mg but recognize Topa is not a magic bullet. Hope it helps ease that stupid monster in the brain when I am confronted with the demon, though, so it is easier to say "nope."

I truly want to be like Bear and Diamond and others who just decided, no more!!!!

Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

IAD & DB

Be stong, you can do this .........

8 months ago I was drinking all day as often as I could ....... Trust me, when you beat this you will feel a better high than the booze ever gave you ..........

BB xx
            sigpicXXX

Comment

IAD, we've all be there and know what a struggle it is. Great attitude that you will continue to fight! You sound like a very strong person.

Marcie
              Marcie

Comment

I know how you feel. I just keep trying. Somehow I have made it to day 6 if I get through tonite. I really want to drink but I dont want to be hungover. I want to drink without the hangover. I know it cant happen.I am trying to remember how I will feel tomorrow in both situations ,drunk and sober tonight. Just keep trying. bird

Comment

Keep up the good work, get through the weekend and then it will get easier.
                  :anon: I have not failed. I've just found 1,000 ways that won't work. :anon:

Comment

It is hard. Just keep on trying. Consider topamax it has helped me a lot.
                    Gabby :flower:

Comment

I'm done (again)
                      I hope this will be the last time ! I will die trying to quite ! IAD
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Sorry,
                        I was at my lowest point ! I can do it. I just need to start again. I will start again ! Because if I quite I will die !IAD
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

You think you are a loser? No, no, my friend. You are a big non-loser. When you get knocked down, you get right back up and start fighting again. That really takes guts.

This is a tough process in which we all get knocked down time and again - even those of us who have gone af longer than you have still get knocked down - just not quite as often. It is part of the process.

The winners are people like you who just keep at it and keep plugging away. Each time you get back up and start the battle again you move yourself a little closer to your final goal.

My god you must look like hell by now :H :H Bruises, broken nose, a few teeth missing - please don't put your picture in the gallery!!! Oh well, I love you anyway.:l
                          Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Thanks Mags. IAD:H
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

IAD have you tried topamax as Gabby asked? We have both been able to completely stop drinking with topamax. AND I am now stopping topamax and so far so good with that. We are ALL gonna win this battle!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X