Help, I'm drowning in my own soup!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there are no losers here mate, you are trying to do something about it so that makes you a winner, stay focused

Maxman
    "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

IAD: I was just like you. I came to MWO in April & couldn't put more than 3 - 4 AF days together from April until July. I knew shortly after getting here that I couldn't mod. I've tried that over & over. I just do not know when & now to stop. My son & his kids visited in early July, & at their going away party I got pretty drunk. Two days after that, I decided to give up drinking one day at a time. I kept track of my non-drinking in DrinkTracker but didn't report any kind of count to my newbie MWO friends. I just concentrated on one day, one situation at a time. I made a plan. When I went by the liquor store, I averted my eyes. When I went to parties, I sat w/my back to the booze. I waited out the cravings. I thought about all the times I ruined a good time w/booze. I recalled the shame & hangovers every time I felt a craving. Eventually, the cravings decreased.

I can now report that I am beginning day 20. I haven't put this many sober days together in a very, very long time. I don't feel ashamed, guilty, or paranoid. When I have a bad day, I get through it sober & don't multiply the badness by drinking. Please do not give up. You can do this. Love, Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

Thanks All !
        I was on the subs. but they're as good as you are. I have'nt been good ! Though the gravings have gone...it's a pyhcological dependency, that's killing me. I've got to stop!
        I will with all of your help. Thanks, Tony (IAD):thanks:
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
        X