Switching Seats on the Titanic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You said he only may had been exposed.....so its not for sure. Hang on the that.
    Gabby :flower:

Comment

N,,,,
      Again [I] must deal with my miss proninciation of your name ! I haven'nt had to deal with letters and numbers in a saulution since I was in the Signal Brigade (2Nd Inf, Div.) Ok I accept this message ! Make sure that you have safe sex !
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

This is a great post N2, thank you. I've been sober for 8 months now and sometimes I forget why I am doing it, this was a sharp reminder of where I have come from and how far I have come.

RE the HIV - there's nothing like the threat of death to make you want to live. Use this to fight the drink (etc) and live a healthy life.

Good luck with you journey.

PS You must be fairly young if you had remote controls on the TV as a kid - they didn't arrive unitl I was in my 20s!! (but then again, I am Australian) lol
        It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

N2

Nurse Magic here sweet......don't like to do the nurse thing but do when I have to.

Be calm. That's a long trail there, and at the moment it's speculation, right?

Good for you for having the tests done to ease your mind, but I am positive all will be well.

Female to male transmission of HIV is not so "easy" (I can't think of a better word, sorry), unless they had some really bizarre sexual practices.

I know this sounds stupid, I will explain when I get home, I gotta run.

I think its O.K. Really do. xox

magic xx:heart:
          ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
          I am in the next seat.
          My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Belive me,
            Nothing in this day & age sounds wierd ! Just let it out.....Maybe we can help ! IAD
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Everyone will have to wait for my book to cum out to read about my ex's "bizarre sex practices" (as Magic puts it).

Giggle - I'm in a much better mood now. :thanks:

Unlike Sick Dick below, be sure to practice safe sex.

Attached files [img]/converted_files/294667=1370-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

N....
                Glad to hear that you're in good siprits ! I was once told a story about a horse that walked into a bar.... Why the long face (the bar tender said to the horse.)IAD
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

I caught this thread a little late - sorry. What a great post! It gives me so much to think about and should give you so much to be proud of.

The best thing is that FINALLY I understand your name - you don't know how much it has been driving me absolutely crazy. :nutso: I hate things I can't figure out. Great name - I love it - intuitive - that's definitely what you are.

Please take us along on this wonderful journey of yours. I'm so glad you are feeling happy again.
                  Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

N2-
                    your post was right on, and probably applies to all of us here. I have switched to several of those alternate vices myself.

I'm glad you are getting the tests done - I have a feeling it will be good news.

Lisa

Comment

N2.
                      I've been an idiot ! Your problem is quite serious. I hope everything turns out for you, you'll be in my prayers ! Tony, IAD
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

I have a lot of faith that you are going to be okay, Intuitive. Also Magic makes a good point. It is good to hear you sounding upbeat.

Your original post is just terrific, and you do write beautifully. Keep up the good work.

Hugs,:l

Kathy
                        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

N2, thought about you all night. Glad your feelin better.

Comment

And magic....I agree with you.

Comment

N2, What a great thread. Thank you so much for sharing and making us see what we need to put in perspective, wonderful!
                              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

IAD – no one here is an idiot, especially you.

When confronted with this news, I had the following options:

- B**ch and complain about my past and what my Ex did
                                - Worry about my future or lack there of

Either of these two could potentially result in drinking, so they were quickly nixed. So I attended to the priorities:

- Got tested for STDs
                                - Tracked down through the help of my Ex’s friend, others that needed to be alerted
                                - Enforced a firm but kind boundary with my Ex, that No, my contact with him was not an invitation to come back in my life

Now all I can do is wait. With time on my hands it’s far too easy for me to pick up the bottle(s) or ‘Switch Seats on the Titanic’ again to ease my anxiety until Thursday. As a believer in the Law of Attraction, I am choosing to not focus on the negatives here but rather put in place some new healthy habits. Alcohol has depilated the nutrients my body needs, my energy to perform and earn a decent living, and left a void where love should be blossoming.

These are the additional things to MWO I have set in place to replace my unhealthy past behaviors. I put little daily check marks and set frequency and how long for each item. (For example: Personal Development Reading – 20 pages 4 x week).

HEALTH
                                MWO
                                Vitamins
                                CDs
                                Meditate
                                Floss Teeth
                                H2O
                                Yoga
                                Walking
                                Weights
                                No Drama Zone
                                No TV

WEALTH
                                Cold Calls
                                Personal Development Reading
                                Writing
                                Clean Car
                                Weekly planning

LOVE
                                Self Love
                                Call Grandmommy
                                Walk Dogs (quality family time)
                                Meet new people

Now come Thursday when I get the test results back and am celebrating (positive-positive thinking remember), rather than pull out the champagne, I will pick from the following rewards:

- Get a massage
                                - Manicure/Pedicure
                                - ONE Piece of chocolate cake

You get the jest:h

PS Thanks to whoever gave me 5 stars! Got me crying again but with happy tears

Comment

Working...
                                X