Whats Yahoo Slurp Spider?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you go to Whi's online there is always a few yahoo slurp spiders. I dont get it. bird

Bird,
    I ain`t got a clue either as to what a "slurp spider" is............only know how to slurp cider!!!

No, am heaps better since splitting with my ex...........I only do the sparkling white wine now!!! LOL

Starlight Impress

Comment

I meant Who's Online.Not Whis online or whatever I put.

Comment

Lost me !!!
        I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
        I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Look down the drop down thing where you choose the forum you want to view. theres one called Who's Online where you cans see whos on and there is always a buch called yahoo slurp spider

Comment

Here's what google says:

http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/ysearc.../slurp-01.html

Yahoo! Slurp is Yahoo!'s web-indexing robot. The Yahoo! Slurp crawler collects documents from the Web to build a searchable index for search services using the Yahoo! search engine. These documents are discovered and crawled because other web pages contain links directing to these documents.

As part of the crawling effort, the Yahoo! Slurp crawler will take robots.txt standards into account to ensure we do not crawl and index content from those pages whose content you do not want included in Yahoo! Search Technology. If a page is disallowed to be crawled by robots.txt standards, Yahoo! will not read or use the contents of that page. The URL of a protected page may be included in Yahoo! Search Technology as a "thin" document with no text content. Links and reference text from other public web pages provide identifiable information about a URL and may be indexed as part of web search coverage.
            Marcie

Comment

thank you

Comment

Working...
              X