Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wife admitted to hospital

Hello all,

My wife was admitted to the hospital this Friday for suicidal thoughts and severe clinical depression. She has Bi-Polar and has been extremely unstable since January. When we went to her emergency session with her P-Doc at 11am on Friday he was extremely concerned because he has literally tried everything he can think of.

He had me take her directly to the Psych ward after we went home briefly to get clothes for her. His plan of action is one of kind of a last resort... Electro-Shock Therapy, which means she will be in the hospital for at least two weeks, perhaps more.

I am very fortunate that both our Mom's are retired. Her Mom is flying out this Wednesday and is staying until the 18th and then my Mom is flying out the 18th and can stay indefinitely. I am also lucky in that my son is so young that he doesn't really understand what is going on - 2-1/2 years old - he thinks she is working as he knows Daddy has to go away for work all the time so it makes sense to him. Since I have to travel several times in August I feel good that my wife and son will have the Mom's around to make sure things are taken care of.

If you would please say a prayer for my wife I would really appreciate it. I would really like to have my wife and my son's Mom back! I have really missed her for so long. The years have really taken there toll on our little family.
    Hablur

Ah Hablur - you past posts make more sense to me now! Of course my prayers are with you and your family!

xox

Comment

Mine are too hablur. Please keep us posted.

I heard on Dr. Dean Edell a husband call in and he wife had electro-shock therapy 2 years ago and it completely turned their lives around in a positive direction again.

All the best,
      lucky

Comment

Halbur,
        My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and with the docs as well.

Come back here when you need someone to lean on. I don't know much about this illness but I can listen.

Melissa
        If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Hablur- I will pray for you and your family.
          I'm glad you have some family support.
          Lisa

Comment

Hablur
            Whenever I see your avatar I see this beautiful loving family. I know you have struggled so hard to help your wife and your son. You are a saint. I am praying very hard for that family on your avatar. Electroshock often does miraculous things. Keep the faith. We all are with you.
            :l
            Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Hablur

I hope this treatment is successful and am very glad you have the support of the retired moms!!!

Have you thought of moving back to be closer to family?

Comment

All the best Hablur, hope the treatment will be successful. You're really fortunate to have all the backing of the retired mums.

Stay strong,
                Paddy
                Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Thanks for sharing this with us, Hablur. ECT sounds like a good move at this time, and the technique has come so far even in the last 10-15 years. You wife is lucky to have you, and it is great that both of your moms can come and help.

My thoughts are with you and your wife and your son. I'm glad that he will be able to look at this as "fun with grandmom" time.

Hugs,:l :l

Kathy
                  AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Hablur my prayers are with you and your family. We will be here for you. XOXO

Comment

Hablur I'm thinkin about you and your wife and son. Here when ya need us.
                      Gabby :flower:

Comment

prayer already said

So many times people say that they will...when I say it I mean it.

I think that you and I spoke at one time. You are an awesome guy...and your family will get through this. Hopefully, this is the worst of it.

Comment

Hablur, I can't imagine how rough this is for you right now....hoping for all the very best for you and your family. Hang in there bro....
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

blur

Thinking of you and yours.

big hugs
                            K
                            Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
                            April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
                            wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
                            wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
                            wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
                            wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
                            wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
                            wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
                            http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

Hablur, holding you and your family in my prayers. Hope things are looking better soon.
                              The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Working...
                              X