Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M Aus

Hi All

I have been drinking way to much for 20 years now and I need to stop our a least cut back in a big way. I have a business and and young family, my business is very stressfull, that is no excuse but every day I wake up I say that I will not drink today but come lunch time I have the taste. My question is, does this programme help from day one. I need to do this whithout my family knowing and putting extra stress on my family ( my wifes father is very ill). I have allways been a big drinker but in the last 6 months I sneak drinks, so I actually drink more than anyone would think. I drink at home everyday. I need to stop. If Icould cut back I would love that but if I am kiding myself then I will try and stop altogether. What do you think?

M Aus

M Aus

Welcome M

Please read through the forums and post often. You have found a wonderful place that will support and help you.

Hugs
    K
    Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
    April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
    wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
    wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
    wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
    wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
    wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
    wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
    http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

M Aus

Hi M Aus,
      Well, you've found a great place to help you achieve your non drinking/cutback goals.
      Yes, the programme does help from day one, as long as you put in a goodly bit of resolve and effort.
      Having said that, the main things that I've found helped me was to give myself small, achievable goals, and to twist the whole stop drinking thing into a positive.
      So rather than mentally approaching cutting down on my consumption as a great difficulty, I try to make it fun, and a bit less guiltless if I slip up (which I do... but I'm getting alot better). This eases a lot of self imposed stress. We are often wearing enough guilt and stress through our drinking so we certainly don't need to keep carrying it when we are stopping.

Read the posts, get the supplements, get some Campral and away you go.... !!! Road to regaining self respect and self esteem. No more guilt, remorse etc etc.

Work out any triggers that start you drinking...... (one of mine is preparing dinner), and see if you can do a work around......... have a tonic water or something instead. Maybe give yourself a little rule that you won't sneak drinks anymore. That will have to be a load off your shoulders.
      Please keep in touch and let us know how you go. You'll find a lot of support here at MWO

Comment

M Aus

Thanks rags

Looking foward from now

Comment

M Aus

welcome, and yes you can start this program pretty much without anyone knowing you are doing it, and it does help already from day one, but it won't keep helping if you don't keep doing it-- but, most importantly, read the book first-- it is not at all hard to read, just kind of like a novel about a woman with your problem and the way she solved it (and it is not too long either). You will see that she got results amost immediately. I wish I could say that I followed in her path exactly, but I think I was a way worse case than she was to begin with. Anyway, the programme, tailored a bit to my needs, helped nonetheless, and is still helping me. Most of us who have tried moderating find that we really need to go AF (Alcohol Free) at least for a while, many forever, which is not what the auther, RJ, of the book does, but that is for you to find out yourself. Get the book, read it, and decide.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

M Aus

I agree with Rags too, especially the Campral - it REALLY WORKS - IF you really want to stop drinking. Beatle is right too, AF is usually the end result and that's a great thing - 8 months now and I have a new life!
            It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

M Aus

M, initially taking the kudzu and l-glut will make a difference. The campral will need to come from a dr so that might not be a option concerning your family situation. Also, they want you to be alcohol free for a few days before taking the campral. It was a mirical drug for me.The CD's are a necessity, and you can listen to the subliminal tapes at home with no worry. Basically everyone here has given you great advise; read, listen, and get on the program. It has completely changed and saved my life.

bear
              What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
              ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

M Aus

M Aus

Rags's post is right on. Read as many of the other posts in all the forums as much as you can. You can do this without your family knowing. All you really need to get started is some computer time every day so you can read the posts or (even better) keep us updated on your successes and failures - yes, there will be some failures too - that's OK - we all have them and help each other through them. And we celebrate everyone's successes also.

Yes the program starts to help at day one. You are here, we are here for you - that's help already. Definitely get the book and the Kudzu and L-glut at the very least. It also helps a lot to get the CD's - but at least get the book and basic supps. I am doing this without prescriptions for Topa or anything, so see if you need those later.

This is not a magic bullet. It takes a lot of work on your part also or it won't be successful. But we are all here to keep you strong.

You can make it. We'll help as much as we can.

:welcome:
                Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

M Aus

M,
                  Take the Sups. recommended on this site. That will take away the chemical dependensy that you have. Next step.....Fight with all your might. Don't let your old habits take you back where you were before. It's not easy...lot's of us have tried & failed ! But we must fight on...because our alternitive is not good ! Read & post on this site. Good help can be had here ! IAD:welcome:
                  ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                  those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                  X