My lowest point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My lowest point

I've had a lot of low points but this one bottoms them all out. I moved to Ohio last august. Now, I quit my job a month ago to drink. As a result I'm now broke, Having to ask My mom for money to get back to Mississippi on. It is a long story and I'll explain it to folks as I meet you. I just joined this sight an hour ago.

My lowest point

Dear Reddy: I joined MWO in April & was drinking almost every day. On July 9th I had my last drink, & my life has changed unbelievably. Please keep coming here. You also might want to look at the newcomers forum. It's full of great people. Keep your chin up, set some goals, & keep coming here! Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

My lowest point

Reddyrnot
      It sounds like you've pretty much hit rock bottom. That's what drink can and often has done to all of us.
      I am so glad you joined up with us. I won't lay a heavy trip on you right now about the books and Kudzu, etc. right now. Just please keep reading the posts and keep posting yourself if you are comfortable with that. Nothing but love and support here.
      By the way, I was in Jackson Mississippi last week where my whole family lives. I posted some pictures on the Photo Gallery on Cool Places to See of Jackson. You might want to check them out. There is even a Pop Quiz which you just might win on one of the pictures. Probably only someone from Mississippi would get the right answer. We like to have fun here too.
      So happy to see you here. Things can and will get much better.
      :welcome:
      Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

My lowest point

P.S. I lied. The Pop Quiz picture was taken in Natchez. And the kudzu picture was taken somewhere on the Natchez Trace.

Comment

My lowest point

welcome. i've been here a while (well three months)-- it's good, it helps. read the book, do the supps. and good luck.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

My lowest point

Reddyrnot

OK. So drinking has got you in the dumps big time. What is your plan?

Have you realistically set goals for yourself yet? Do you want to drink a little bit from time to time (what we call mods), or do you think you are better off just not drinking at all for a time at least (what we call abs). You should think of yourself as who you want to be and how realistic that goal is.

There are many different patterns to alcoholism. What they all have in common is that they have to end. Take no prisoners - we must all get over this disease. And we all can.

Make a plan. Set out long term goals (which seem like dreams right now) and short term goals (which are doable on a daily basis) which you can do today and tomorrow. Short term goals may be as simple as not getting drunk today. They will and must progress from there.

If you are serious and committed, all of us here will help and support you in any way we can.

If you are serious, then download RJ's book, start taking Kuzu at least, and keep reading here. You don't have to post. Just read for a whle.

Best hopes for you.

Comment

My lowest point

(((Reddyrnot)))

Sometimes one has to hit rock bottom to stop falling. It's all up from here hon!:welcome:

Comment

My lowest point

Nowhere now but up. Pick yourself up and get on board, we are all just getting started.
                bear
                What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Working...
                X