MY DOCTOR HAS TRAPPED ME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MY DOCTOR HAS TRAPPED ME

A couple months or so ago I went to my doctor (after much thoughtful consideration as to whether it was a good idea or not) and revealed my secret - about drinking. I told her I wanted desperately to quit. Told her about topa and MWO. She wouldn't give me topa. She told me to go to rehab. I said no way.

Now I get a letter from my insurance company saying that they will not pay my doctor bill unless they receive a "completion date" for an alcoholic recovery program within 45 days.

I am fuming. How dare she. How dare she.
    Hugs,
    imatree

MY DOCTOR HAS TRAPPED ME

Has your doctor not heard of confidentiality? In the UK whatever you tell a doctor is not
    allowed to be repeated to anybody else. I too would be fuming. Is there anything that you
    can do about it ?.
    Best wishes Paula.

Comment

MY DOCTOR HAS TRAPPED ME

Oh Ima that is pretty lowdown. I'd call the office and get them to do something about the diagnosis. Maybe she will change the diagnosis or sign off if you will accept a referal to a therapist?
      I've been wondering about you, where've you been girl? Are you OK?

Melissa
      If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

MY DOCTOR HAS TRAPPED ME

Did you call your doctor to ask about this? I just saw my GP and I am so worried that the same thing will happen. I think it may be something about the diagnosis code that goes into the insurance company. Please let me know what you find out.

How is the program going for you? I remembering seeing you post before.

I am on Day 2 AF...

Thanks and good luck!

Comment

MY DOCTOR HAS TRAPPED ME

Ima - this is sooo wrong. To answer Paula's questions, Here in the US when you go to a doctor, they are deemed the expert and do their diagnosis. That diagnosis is part of the bill and needs to be sent to the insurance company; if you have insurance.

Ima - I will write you a PM. I went through some similar stuff and I may be able to help.

xox

Comment

MY DOCTOR HAS TRAPPED ME

Ima, it will take a great deal of time and persistence on your part, but it MAY be reversable. Maybe try starting with the doctor, then the front office insurance person-(she may be more sympathetic and easier to deal with). If that doesn't work, print off all the info on site here and send to insuance co and explain you ARE in a treatment program-MWO. Good luck- I've missed hearing from you. It is amazing to me that the insurance companies would rather spend thousands of $$$$ rather than allowing someone to follow a plan at home that can really work.
            Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

MY DOCTOR HAS TRAPPED ME

Thanks. I realize now how much I miss you all. Haven't been here in awhile, as I've been kind of a wreck and got tired of writing of the same old problems.
              But this shit with my doc has really shaken me.

I had 8 days AF, fell off the wagon, and today is day one again. Had that planned before the insurance company letter, but this crap motivates me all the more - to have someone
              say that I must follow what they deem to be the only way to recover from my addiction. I'll show her, I'll show them. I can and I will conquer this my own way.

As for the rest of my stuff - I'm still waiting for BF to move out. Relationship is definitely over and I hate living together like this, but he has nowhere to go. I told him this morning about the insurance letter and he is furious too. Just sent me an email saying he is going to dry up immediately to support me (if you don't know the story, he is a VERY heavy drinker, i told him to move out a couple months ago).

My daughter and I are leaving town tomorrow for a bit of a desperately needed vacation. I've tons to do today... I hope to have internet access in the hotel to catch up with you all. I need you! Thank you thank you thank you........
              Hugs,
              imatree

Comment

MY DOCTOR HAS TRAPPED ME

Oh, and because I have so much to do before leaving for vacation, I can't deal with the doctor or insurance til next week. That gives me time too to get several AF days under my belt and to calm down and think rationally.
                Hugs,
                imatree

Comment

MY DOCTOR HAS TRAPPED ME

Hello there, I just read your thread and thought I'd reply by saying how sorry I am that your doctor did that to you, wow what a feeling of betrayal, I would be quite upset myself. I had a somewhat similiar situation happen to me a few years ago and it just discouraged me, which lead me back to drinking in order to forget my problems. I really feel that they need to try to give more options for treatment for people with drinking issues. Whether it be for people who want abstinence to moderation(that's me) or total abstinence. One of the reasons why I chose this program was because it offered supplements that could help but not promising a "miracle" drug" but most importantly the one BIG thing that helped me is being able to read the posts and to share my stories as well, the overwhelming support here is amazing. I am so glad that this place exists....

Best of luck to you

Big hugs,
                  Janet
                  AF Day 6
                  AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

MY DOCTOR HAS TRAPPED ME

Your doctor is a no-good self-righteous untrustworthy skank! I want to pluck her nose hairs with tweezers! I guess that she must feel that this is the best thing for you, but that is pretty ignorant. Most doctors will help you keep this dx off of your records, because they know what it means! I'm pissed off for you, Ima. (I've missed you too.)

Anyway, I don't have any great advice, but others here do. You've got all my support. I hope you enjoy your vacation.

Hugs,:l :l

Kathy
                    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

MY DOCTOR HAS TRAPPED ME

(((IMA)))

That is awful. Makes me scared too. I guess I should ask my doc if he put alcoholism on my records. But to MAKE u go to a alcohol treatment center. That is unconscionable!:durn: I'm so sorry hon :l I hope you have a great vacation.

Comment

MY DOCTOR HAS TRAPPED ME

Ima,

that is waaay bad, she always had it in for you though didn't she, I remember you saying ages ago about her.

You will be ok, when you come back off hols you can sort it out.

Diamond x
                        I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                        I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

MY DOCTOR HAS TRAPPED ME

Hi Ima,
                          I hope you get the insurance mess sorted out in your favour.
                          No doctor, nor anyone else for that matter, has the right to tell us how to address our alcohol problem...........you sound very determined.........that shows the amount of resolve you possess to draw upon.

You did fabulously to get those 8 AF days........so what if you fell off the wagon again..........all that matters is present and future.

Good luck with starting again........I`m on Day 2..........tough as Hell, but worth it.

Am saying wee prayer you get the doc sorted out.

Have fun with your wee girl on holiday.

Much love,

Starlight Impress

Comment

MY DOCTOR HAS TRAPPED ME

Hi Ima, nice to see you back even though the circumstances aren't the best ....

That is horrendous treatment!!! To pluck up the courage to ask for help and then being treated like that is appalling .....

Enjoy your break and give this thing lots of thought....

Love & HUgs, BB xx
                            sigpicXXX

Comment

MY DOCTOR HAS TRAPPED ME

That is just wrong!!!!!
                              Gabby :flower:

Comment

Working...
                              X