I slipped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I slipped

After almost 6 months af I drank yesterday and I have all the bad feelings back. My brother
    who has so many health problems has lost the sight in one eye, and it looks like he will go
    completely blind very soon, his doctor has put him on steroids to try to prevent it, but theres not much chance. He told me he would rather die than go blind. So I'm going mad with worry.
    Thanks for listening paula.

I slipped

wow, that was rough. sorry to hear all that. i know that i need a lot less of a reason to drink than that.

but slipping is just that. you can get back to af right away. i have slipped so so so many times and i always make the mistake of thinking now that i've slipped it's no use. don't do that! it leads to months of agony! don't do it!
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I slipped

Tell yourself it is just a slip. You know you have felt good for a while. Do you want the bad feelings to hang around? Or go away shortly. You are on here, so you know you don't want to relapse. 6 months - woww! I wish I could say that, but I hope to in 5 months.
      :anon: I have not failed. I've just found 1,000 ways that won't work. :anon:

Comment

I slipped

Am so sorry to hear about your brother Paula.

You have 6 mths. AF under your belt............your slip was nothing, so just forget about it....................only present and future truly matter, for they are all we have to work with.

Am praying for you to be strong once more.

Much love,

Starlight Impress

Comment

I slipped

(((Paula)))

6 months is fantastic! You should be proud of yourself not beat yourself up for one slip. I am so sorry about your brother. There are so many new advances in medicine do get a second opinion.

Take care hon:l

Comment

I slipped

Thanks every one, this is a great site, don't know how I managed before I found you.
            My brother has had quite a few opinions, none are optimistic, he's diabetic and it's this
            that has been responsible for his problem.
            Love Paula. x

Comment

I slipped

Just keep praying Paula...........I will pray for your brother.

Be proud of the loving sister you are to him.

Much love,

Starlight Impress

Comment

I slipped

Ditto to all of the above

You slipped not because you are weak - but because you care so much for your brother. There are good reasons to slip and there are bad ones - this is definitely a good one.

I am so sorry about your brother. I know this must be torture for him and for you who cares so much. Be strong for him. That means forget the slip, but stay sober. He needs you to be strong and sober, not disabled by alcohol.

My love to you.........
                Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

I slipped

Paula, just take it as a minor bump in the road of recovery and get back on track. You know the drill and you know how to do this. 6 months is AMAZING. Be good to yourself and be strong for your brother, it sounds like he needs you now more than ever.
                  "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

I slipped

Hi Paula,

I too, am sorry to hear about your brother and will say a pray for both of you. I agree with everyone who replied, you shouldn't feel bad for having drank. Congrats on your 6 months AF, you should be really proud of yourself.

Big hugs,
                    Janet
                    AF Day 6
                    AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

I slipped

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother, Paula and wish there was more support I could give you. My 18 year old daughter was recently diagnosed with MS and I am just praying that medical advances happen quickly enough to prevent severe damage as she gets older, so I understand the complete sense of helplessness. I also dropped off the wagon for several weeks (not just once!) but realise that now more than ever I need to be sober to a) be there for her and b) be able to handle it better myself. I'm also learning to ask for help - there are professionals who can help with support/life adjustments etc, not just the medical side - I don't know if any of that is available to you and your brother but I've found it really helpful.

So don't beat up on yourself for one 'slip' - it's nothing, it doesn't mean you're back to square one, doesn't mean you've tainted your amazing track record - I applaud you for already deciding it's obviously not going to help you in the long run - it took me longer to accept that reality.

My thoughts and warmest wishes to you and your brother at this very difficult time. Please keep us posted... :h
                      :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                      Goals:
                      Days 1-7 DONE
                      Days 8-14 DONE
                      Days 15-21 DONE
                      30 days DONE
                      60 days
                      100 days

Comment

I slipped

Paula: I agree that the slip was a little tiny wrinkle. Don't let it get you down. With 6 months sobriety, you have so, so much. I look up to you. Mary
                        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                        October 3, 2012

Comment

I slipped

Hello Paula, I'm soooo sorry to hear of your brothers problem... That is just so sad to hear.. You poor dear. Please don't look at drinking yesterday as a failure, but rather a speed bump. Sorry again I wish all the best. Hugs to you, ~Niblet~

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

I slipped

Hi Paula,

I feel so badly for your brother and you. This is such difficult news, and it sure isn't hard to understand that you drank about it. I will pray for strength and peace for both of you.

Hugs,:l :l

Kathy
                            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

I slipped

Hi Paula:

I was sad to hear your news on both fronts. My favorite grandmother lost her sight to diabetes - she was still my favorite grandmother.

On the drinking, you can't change what happened; all you, we, can do is learn from it and make it part of our past and move on, better and stonger.

I'm thinking that no matter how far along one gets with recovery or sobriety that it really is a high wire act every step of the way but at least those of us here have the net of MWO to cushion a fall.

Best wishes.

Comment

Working...
                              X