No apologies- my topa moments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A week last Saturday I started my Topa and on Thursday had a meeting with an external colleague and promptly forgot how to back-up our MIS system and had to hand over to her! Not bad for the system manager. I told her I was on tablets for ?womens problems? and she promptly asked me the name and believed me when I said I?d forgotton! I was so embarrassed

Anyway I am now on 2 weeks holiday so I decided to keep myself occupied (off the drink) by decorating my sons bedroom ? everything floors, walls, ceilings, doors, skirtings. Its an old house and hasn?t been decorated in a while so big job so now its four days later poor Matthew has returned home from grandmas ?cos I think its only gonna take two he?s sleeping with me the house is in turmoil and no sign of it being finished. I?ve spent all day convincing him we are doing fun stuff like choosing his paint and carpets and meeting his brother in law at the builders yard etc so tonight I put him to bed and think this is it big push. At quarter to eleven this evening I am tired and grumpy onto my last piece of wallpaper, I?m five foot on a seven foot ladder doing a ten foot wall around a door with an old fashioned vent and two cuts I?ve already ditched it once and I?m just making the vital cut when Matthew wakes up crying! He?s running a temperature and I offer him ?pink stuff? (calpol ? headache stuff) which I run and get and sure enough when I get back he is asleep ? aw bless. And how does super mum keep her coooolllll

175topa 6 kudzu 6 kalms 2 milk thistle blah blah blah and I sudddenly realised I am stone cold sober and loving every moment of it

just wanted to share with you all my joy of living through today

Hi Sally...........well a wee blip at work sure is worth it to be off the booze.

Crikey...........you sound just like me.........have whole flat with high ceilings to decorate........am here a year and haven`t started yet.........was too busy drinking!!! lol/no lol

Hope your wee one feels better soon.

Wishing you continued success.

Much love,
    Starlight Impress

Comment

Good for you!
      Gabby :flower:

Comment

Working...
      X