Overwhelmed with emotion today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has been a bit since I have posted a thread on the progress of my Mama...she continues to decline as you may know if you check in on the 30 day thread. She is now down to 97 lbs. My brother will be here tonight from Nevada and we leave this week to take her on vacation to the beach. Of course, this meaning her last trip to the beach. This means two very sad things for me...probably the last trip I will ever go on with my Mama and this is the first time I am returning to the beach since my fiance' passed in April 2006. We used to take the kids at least 2-3 times a year. It was a big vacation spot for us. We loved going there. We did not go last summer as it was to soon. But, the kids want to go back and I think I am ready too and this is a place we have loved for years, so off we go. I just pray I have strength through the whole vacation. It will be emotional. So, please say a pray for me and my kids!

Luv.....I will be thinking of you and praying too. Just let yourself have your emotions and feel them. I think thats important. Embrace them. Love up your mama and somehow give her a love for me too. I miss my mom and wish I could love on her. So as goofy as this sounds....when your huggin her....think of one from me to my mom. :upset:

And a hug from me to you too Luv. :l
    Gabby :flower:

Comment

Hi Luv,

I will definately say a special prayer for you and your family. I hope you have a wonderful time and make tons of good memories.

xoxo

Comment

My little boy, he is 9, has been begging to go with Mama to chemo, it takes several hours, so we have been reluctant to let him go, but yesterday, we finally gave in. He woke up on his own at 5:30 am to get ready...he was so excited. He had packed his bag, filled with his PSP game, etc...when he gets there he tells my Mama, "Mema, if you don't beat this cancer and die and go to heaven will you be my guardian angel? I don't want you to die, but if you do, will you watch over me?" Isn't that the saddest but sweetest thing you have ever heard?

Comment

Luv, sweetie make beautiful memories with Mama, and allow yourself to remember your beautiful memories with Billy. You don't have to be strong 100% of the time. Cry when you want laugh when you want and live these moments to the fullest.
          Lov Ya
          Mar

Comment

I just read what you wrote about your son, bittersweet for sure. He is a little angle
            Mar

Comment

My thoughts are with you, your mama and the rest of your family.
              Your beach trip will be bittersweet. I hope that you leave with a feeling of peace.
              x
              Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

i will pray that you have a wonderful time and that the memories will be the sweetest for you and your family

xx
                I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

and one last thing-- maybe this is not the last.

people get sick and sometimes they get better. there are miracles all over.

the most important thing is to THINK POSITIVELY. But please do enjoy it, enjoy it as if it were your last.
                  Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

(((((LUV)))))

I have many memories of my mom dying and a very dear friend dying. I don't know if it is cancer, but their's was. In all the tears there are memories of my friend putting the (thank goodness empty) bedpan on top of her head when she was out of it. After so much tension it made me giggle. Yes, there will be many tears and laughter. My thoughts are with you and your dear children. There was a scene on some show I remember, someone asked, Why people had to die and the response was to make life that much more precious. Somehow that comforted me........:l :l :l

Comment

Luv,
                      You are so very special and I am so terribly sorry that you have gone through so much. You are so strong though, you are amazing. Enjoy your time with your family and like Gabby said, give your mom a kiss as if it were a kiss from me to mine. And the thing your son said to your mom is amazing too, I am glad he isn't being shielded from this, what an amazing kid. And that is all because of you! :h
                      Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Awww Luv,
                        My heart goes out to you all.
                        Saying a prayer that your Mama, yourself and kids have the most beautiful break at the beach.

All my love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Happy, Heres a hug to you too.
                          Gabby :flower:

Comment

LUV, you are wonderful and I hope that you can make some new cherished memories on this trip. I will be thinking of you and your family. Enjoy the beach.
                            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Luvs, have fun and know you are loved.....a lot. XXXXXXXX
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X