A.F.FUNDRAISER NIGHT IN AID OF M.W.O.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would anyone be interested in an A.F. Fundraiser (for one night only) in aid of supporting M.W.O.?

First of all, I would like to say that many of us, at least at times, are drinking money we can ill-afford. Indeed, some of us probably cannot afford to drink at all, yet do it nonetheless. I am not suggesting that any member donate if they truly cannot afford to do so...........we are all valued "givers" at M.W.O., and supporting people on the boards is equally as commendable, if not moreso, than any financial contribution to the site. Whether or not each of us manage to make a donation is not an issue, as any donating would be done privately.

Am just thinking how wonderful it would be if we were all to aim for one AF night and donate the money we would normally spend on alcohol for that night to M.W.O.

I noted from a post in my a.s.a.p. thread by RJ yesterday, that the no. of subscribed members is nominal in comparison to the sum total of members. I am currently unable to subscribe at this time for my own personal reasons. However, like all of you here, I have enormous regard for the site and fully appreciate that membership is available to us free of charge, as I hope it shall continue to be. It would just be nice, if those of us who can afford, could give a little financial support to M.W.O.

I understand that there is information in the FAQ section detailing how to make a donation, which can be made by any major credit card, cheque, money order, postal order or paypal.

I would be interested to hear your views on this matter as to whether or not you consider this a good idea.

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

You truly are the Star of Great Ideas!

Count me in.
    Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

I think it's a great idea! Just 1 AF night and donate the money you would have spent anyway. I'm in Starlight and Thank You again for your help today. Don

Comment

I'm in hon,

who's a clever little sausage then (sorry all you non-Brits, it is UK saying) !!

Good One Starlight Impress,

you got my vote as always..
        Love
        Diamond xx
        I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
        I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

I think it is a terrific idea! I'm in!
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

I'd dress like Elvis (the younger thinner one) and sing on tv to help MWO

hmmm. I think your idea will be more fruitfull Starlight...I'm in!

maybe a cooking Elvis? no .....
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Count Me In

Hi Starlight,

Great idea and count me in. Just an observation, I just noticed that you are from the same city (Glagskow) as my boyfriend, wow what a small world. He too, has an issue with "drink" and I am hoping that he will be able to get into a program that will help him. I told him about this program and that I decided to abstain for 30 days and work my long way towards moderation. When I spoke so highly about the post messages and how it helped me and it might help him, his reply was "he can't be bothered by reading the posts" and that he wasn't sure he could quit for 30 days, oh well (with a sigh) I am there to support him and I just need to stay on top of my program and stay away from anything or anyone that will DETOUR me from that, even if it's the man I love.:upset:

If anyone has some helpful advice, I would gladly appreciate it...sorry Starlight, maybe I should have started a new thread, sorry!!!

Big hugs,
              Janet:upset:
              AF Day 12 (as of 11:30pm tonight)
              AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

Hi planetjanet and congrats on the 12 days AF.

You can only steer your boyfriend, because noone will confront and tackle their alcohol problem until they`re good and ready. Just concentrate on getting yourself well for the time-being, and perhaps your boyfriend will follow suit as he sees the remarkable difference M.W.O. will make to yourself.

Luck and love to you.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Count me in. But I don't want to be a sausage, clever or otherwise

Comment

Wow what a great idea. Supporting MWO and achieving our goals in the meantime.

Count me in too.

Comment

I'll donate only if Determinator promises NOT to dress like Elvis and sing.

:tsk: :bat
                      Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Thanks Starlight for the advice
                        AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

ok i won't sing. now who's a clever little banger? hey, I didn't say sausage.

BTW some of the newer members may not know it, but MWO has an online store with some excellent quality products/supplements/nutrient. I'm sure they don't make much on them but every bit counts.
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                          X