Who's coming to Burning Man 2007???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm actually going to make it this year. yep, that square nerdy guy that would wear a black suit to the beach....is going to burning man this year. I've already started clothes shopping...you will not in 5 trillion years guess how I'm going to dress. never. ever. dare ya!

http://www.burningman.com

so who's coming?.........
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Go for it !
    A new look will do wonders for your attitude ! LOL IAD
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

I read it, and I still think I dont get it.
      It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
      James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Hello,

I really wanted to go but tickets are just way too expensive for me at this time, I usually go to Reggae On The River, but that was cancelled, wow I can't believe it, this was the first time it was cancelled.

Have a great time!!!
        AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

yes it is more expensive than I would have paid, but the aliens that abducted me offered to pay. Java...I'm not sure there is much explaining I can offer. Best I can figure it's a "waaaaay beyondo" cultural/arts/music festival. Very international crowd.
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Janet, I'll take lots of pictures and video!
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

C'mon Det, tell us how you're going to dress!

As a giant cupcake? A clove of garlic? C'MON ....... tell tell tell tell

Comment

Determinator, anybody I've ever known that has gone to Burning Man just got wasted for days. Can you handle that kind of pressure? I hate trying to be around a couple people having a glass of wine, let alone a week long bash of thousands. Regardless, I hope you have a good time. Maybe you can get some good pics. I understand it is quite the freakshow.
                where does this go?

Comment

Be careful D!!! :h
                  Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Are you going as a .... giant garlic clove? What is the theme this year? Have you been to Burning Man before?

In any case, have an awesome burn, Det. DH is going on his ownsome this year, but we went together in 99, 01, 03 and 04 - an amazing mindbending experience if you haven't been before.

Just remember ... Radical Self-Reliance ... be prepared for temps 40 - 110 - follow all the guidelines in the newsletter, and make a list of the stuff you'll need and make sure you actually bring everything and MORE. In 04 hubby forgot the propane, so we had to heat our Tasty Bites on the dash of the car, and use the solar shower for "hot" water for our dehydrated soups and instant coffee - ICK!

Also if you possibly can, get there during daylight hours - you'll find a better spot to camp - you definitley will have a better experience the closer you are to center camp.

Oh, and bring a used bicycle. That playa dust is murder on a nice bike!

Again, have an awesome burn!
                    "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Comment

Oh, and about folks being wasted ... our last year, we got there late and were close to what I woud call DumbAss Redneck Gawker Drunken Slob Camp, waaaay in the outer rings. On our other side was the Sex and Protien Bars Camp. They were the better neighbors. There is a fair amount of recreational drug use, but I found in that weird, dry, dusty climate and the surrealism of the event, I didn't need or want much of anything. Just water. LOTS of water (bring a camelback!)
                      "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Comment

naked works the best at burning man. Just make sure you wear a hat and some good boots. and aaa fast cause the toilets are really super yucky.

It's an awful lot of fun though
                        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

wow, thanks for the advice Zin and Trixie..... I was pretty nervous about the whole party aspect and even started to talk myself into trying mod'ing at this event...however after my "winning mindset" revelation I'm much more resolved in my AF lifestyle and I just know I'm going to have more fun that way. Not saying it wont be a challenge, but I'm going to be using the force...Luke.

no, I'm not wearing a costume per se...however the garlic is tempting...probably be too hot. Rapidly on approach thanks to ebay, I have a disturbing array of genuine 60's and 70's "big collar" shirts with the most awefull patterns and colors that a sick mind could envision. And I stumbled into a fabulous accessory: a genuine white leather East German Polizie 2" wide belt with blinking lights on it!! It was made for traffic cops...it's just hysterical. add a couple suspenders (one electric lime green, then one with piano keys on it) and the perfect hat: a multi-colored umbrella hat. I'm still looking for some gaudy colored beret....then I must work on shoes. I'm thinking of the retro look with converse so far. Pants are still up for grabs. I probably should shoot some video and send it to the "what not to wear" show. ha!
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det.... you truly kill me!

:H

Have a fantastic time!

Comment

Determinator,

Yes, that would be nice to see the pictures and hear about your trip. So, huh Aliens paid for your tickets...hmmm interesting.

Be safe and again have a great time : )

Janet
                              AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X