Who's coming to Burning Man 2007???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend was telling me about the one that's happening here. Where is yours going down exactly?

Have fun and be strong, don't think I could handle but you're sounding very confident. Don't forget a pic at least!
    Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
    Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

Comment

Determinator - have a really great time... I have read about Burning Man and seen the website last year... amazing?!?! One day I might feel really 'up to it' (only 'felt' that when I was p'd!! Do-dg-eee!) Yes, water sounds the dish-of-the-day and the costume sounds absolutely wonderful!!! Do post a pic!
      Stay strong.
      FMF x
      :heart: c: :heart:
      "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Det, It really does get chilly at night. My first year in 99 we were caught completely by surprise at the low evening temps. The following year, it seemed de rigeur to wear lots of fake fur, sheepskin, etc. for the evening.

For those of you still puzzled by Burning Man, think of it as a Do-It-Yourself-Disneyland for Adults in the style of Road Warrior. Some cool/quirky things I've seen over the years:

- a merry go-round consisting of about 16 rickety bicycles welded on very large spokes - people could get on and pedal away! Of course you'd all have to agree about when to stop
        - Stonehenge model made of twinkies in Center Camp
        - Three giant vaginas (walk-in size) made of pink and purple prom/bridesmaid dresses with some poetry and music inside
        - Trip to Mars - a fun-house multi-level maze where you really could get lost (had a camp of about 30+ people from Seattle)
        - The enormous Temples made of scrap from a dinosaur cut-out factory, very gingerbread - this gets burned on Sunday
        - Two horny old farts offering margaritas in exchange for polaroid pics of naked butts, all posted outside their camper
        - Art cars, my favorite. Motorized couches, motorized picnic tables, bunny slippers, Tiki lounges on wheels, I found I really didn't want to drink in order to be alert and keep clear of them!
        - nearly getting my eyebrows singed off from the heat of the fuel-dripping flame cannons blowing fire balls into the air before the Burn!!

These things may or may not be there this year - they're just off the top of my head ... I hope it's as interactive as it's been in the past. In 04 it seemed less so than my first two burns, but even with half the stuff it'll be pretty mind-blowing, especially as a first timer. Main rule (after Piss Clear) - participate!
        "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Comment

Det - Love the outfit plans. Especially the blinking lights belt!! Excellent for evening wear!
          "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Comment

WOW!!! Wish I could go see it and then escape to a five star resort on the same day!!! Kind of go see the crazy party animals and the other humans then go stay somewhere really posh and quiet!!!!

Sammys
            P.S. Garlic good to a thrift store and look for stuff, that usually does the trick for me when I must dress from another decade.

Comment

I can't believe I never heard of this. Well Det have a great time, don't let ur brows get singed or anything else ESPECIALLY if u plan on not wearing pants! :H

Comment

Working...
              X