Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a good swift kick

Happycamper,
    I`m always saying that drink will strip us of everything and give us nothing in return........but only if you let it !!!

Like so many of us, sometimes I sit here and wish wholeheartedly that I could undo all the damage I caused to myself and especially to my loved ones and others in drink.
    Unfortunately, none of us can do that.
    So, what are we going to do?.........sit, glass in hand, watching our families moving farther and farther from our "reach", because we cannot live without the booze?

Tawny`s post to Mack yesterday really made me think.........
    The only way out and to preserve all that we value in life is to show ourselves tough love and put down that bottle and solemnly swear to try to never drink again, if we honestly know in our hearts that we cannot drink moderately.

I was so very down at the prospect of giving the drink up altogether, but I realized that it was a choice between repeatedly disappointing my daughter or giving her back a Mum she could be proud of.

I GAVE HER BACK HER MUM..........no regrets!!

Am only 9 days AF, but, I`m already "out", and determined to remain so.

Saying a wee prayer for you that you will show yourself some tough love.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Need a good swift kick

Very nice post...You gotta want to do it yourself..Wholeheartedly...I think you will Star..xx
      I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
      One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Need a good swift kick

Star, good on you for your 9 days AF and giving back your mum to your daughter. Good while she still wants you.
        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Need a good swift kick

You know what I meant up there. You daughter back her mum.
          Gabby :flower:

Comment

Need a good swift kick

Patty, I sent you a PM. Hope you're feeling better today. I think you've sufficiantly kicked your own butt enough @ this point...
            Love ya Hon.:h
            Glad you're here...:l
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Need a good swift kick

Camper probably cannot walk now from all the kicks. I bet her butt is black and blue, as it should be. I will give one final hard kick for good measure.

Comment

Need a good swift kick

Lucky, while you're at it remove my foot from her arse :H
                Marcie

Comment

Need a good swift kick

Happy, after reading what Accountable and the others wrote concerning Sophie. It scared me. Time to pull it together woman. If I can do it anyone can. I have made stupid calls while drunk spent money on things I don't remember. That is forgiveable, but children must come first. I am glad your on day one. Just another after another. It's a dance we learn.I think the world of you. I hope your asss isn't to sore.
                  Hugs
                  Mar

Comment

Need a good swift kick

Well , there you go.......

Is your hinney sore enough?

If not I'm still here.......

You know how I feel about you......BTW.....I am of the generation that spanked our kids butts! Hard...till it actually hurt!

:h Nancy
                    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Need a good swift kick

Patty, now that the butt kicking is done:l :l

Be strong for you and for Sophie. You both deserve it.

Comment

Need a good swift kick

I dont yell at you because for some strange reason I think you could kick my ass....
                        It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
                        James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Need a good swift kick

Happy

I deleted a post and edited mine down quite a bit. Mainly because of the board reminding me that once something is put in writing....

But I do agree with Macks on the AA thing. I had been to AA in 2004 and then went back in 2006 and 2007. What I have posted about AA hasn't been all that positive. What I would reccomend are the "lead" meetings. This is when someone gets up and shares their story and you don't have to say a word or talk to anyone. Most of these "lead" meetings were so uplifting...because by God if they could do it...I could too. Just by going to one doesn't mean you have to jump in....but take what you like. I did get a lot out of the leads.

AA wasn't for me in the long term...but it did help me a lot when I sat in the boat you are sitting in. I feel like I can say what I do about AA because I actually spent alot of time there and did more AA reading than most of the members. But you can't say whether it will help or not if you never go.

Long and short of it your post has made me take a new veiw on AA. It is freaking free...try to get that anywhere else. And if you don't like it...don't go back. But I would encourage you to go with an open mind. Then if you want to engage you can, but if not then don't. Going with a negative mindset will not work well. But looking back it did help me get on my feet again.

Comment

Need a good swift kick

Hi Camps,

I am so sorry I did not call today - left my phone and just getting home after having left house at 9:00 am (YAWN). Also, not calling cause I know it is time to spend with hubby tonight. I will call tomorrow.

Glad you are on day 1 again. It is the right thing to do!

Big hugs,
                            Pans

Comment

Need a good swift kick

Hi all,
                              Sorry this has to be a quick post because I have to go to work again, but thanks again to all. I sweated all night but made it through my day one and resolve to do the same today. Got two different bits of bad news yesterday that didn't make me slip and the news was pretty freaking bad.

I'll talk about AA later, honestly there's nothing to convince me to walk into one of those rooms ever again. I've spent too much time in there already. I'll be back on later.

Love to all :h :h
                              Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Need a good swift kick

I'm so glad that you have made it through your Day 1. We're all rooting for you. It can be very hard. Many people may feel good pretty quickly when they stop drinking, but I think if life circumstances are difficult, as in your case, it may take a while longer.

Happy, where I live, I think that what Karma calls "lead meetings" are called "speakers meetings" (or is that different, Karma?) At any rate, I have been to meetings where people share their stories and they are often quite inspirational--and you don't have to say a word. There are lots of things about AA that I don't like, so I don't go, but some meeting are worth it. That being said only you can decide.

My personal experience is that it has taken me longer to start to feel better and more able to tackle things in sobriety.

I am here rooting for you!

Hugs,:l

Kathy

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X