Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a good swift kick

Thank you IAD-

My dad always had these coffee commitments- I think once a week or two he had to bring the coffee and make it for everyone- it was a big room- and EVERYONE smoked back then. Now they just take smoke breaks or wait until it is over I think but stiff a lot of cigs and coffee.:h
    Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Need a good swift kick

I didn't realize that you had been there

I really didn't realize you had been to AA meetings already...whatever the reason. Funny as I was driving home tonight I was thinking about my post and how much I actually disagreed with it. Short run AA was helpful...but there was some long term damage I am still working to overcome.

I am going to delete what I did post about it. I realized later that I actually disagreed with myself! Last night I was thinking about the short run benefits...not the long term harm it did to me personally. Some of the principles are good....but they sell their stuff based on fear emcompassed in love and compassion. There I go again...another post I may decide to just delete later.

Comment

Need a good swift kick

Karma,
        You feel what you feel ! Don't be afraid to tell it like it is. In the old days the way AA did things was all thier was. This day & age thier are other ways. Meds., supps., websites for support ! Give it a try. We're all here to help. IAD
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Need a good swift kick

IAD

I would have been one of the examples made on the board that 6 months ago I was doing great in AA. I tried to make myself and everyone else believe that...it didn't work in the long run. At the time I really thought that it was true.

But my experience isn't what is true for everyone. Someone here could decide not to go to AA because of something I said and miss out on "recovering" or meeting someone they really needed in their life.

I want to be careful of my words and that is why I will go back and delete certain posts.

Comment

Need a good swift kick

Karma,

Delete if you must but you wrote from your heart, maybe edit them a bit. Anything you said had no influence on my AA decisions at all as you know now, but maybe edit them for the newbies just in case. I don't know. Everyone needs options but make sure your posts are true to you. Don't feel badly about your posts. They were honest and not mean-spirited.

I've probably been to more meetings than you bye the way LOL! Just not for myself! Oh and I've been to a rehab too, that was great fun as a child.

Anyway onto Day 3 tomorrow wish me luck! Thanks Karma and all
            I must sleep off the rest of Day 2. :h
            Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Need a good swift kick

They say all the poison (yes, poison, not alcohol) is out of the system @ 3 days I think- or maybe 4. Anyway, Camps is almost there.

You go girl!

That phrase is just so not me to say but cracks me up and does show my support of that camper. I may kick her in the butt again just for good measure and to keep her on the straight and narrow. This could be great fun and therapeutic for me @ the same time! Pansy may have to hold me back from kicking in arse because I do like it and bought a pair of, ahem, cowgirl boots just to drive home the point.

Does anyone else want to get in line? Otherwise, I may have to start nominating. I think Big D needs a good swift kick for good measure.

Comment

Need a good swift kick

Another post deleted

But this one by a computer error than intentional. Maybe we should set up an ass kicking club. I went to "Unity Church"...which I still do like their beliefs and outlook on life. Anyways, they had a prayer chain. Post that you need an ass kicking and the chain goes into effect

I hear what you say Happy. I will be careful of my words on the board regarding AA. Mine was a mixed experience, but not one I care to repeat. You may have been to more meetings...but what drove me nuts here...in Cleveland (20 minutes from Akron) is that every meeting "we were so lucky" because everywhere else in the world they did meetings wrong...only in hometown AA were meetings done right...God save me!

Comment

Need a good swift kick

Hi Camps,

Day 3 is a bitch ... and sorry to hear about your friends' illnesses.

Yo Pope Duck. I called and kicked Camp's ass - think she probably is sitting on pillow. You ought not use any steel or pointy toed boots on Camps - even if she asks for it. Probably you could find somebody who would like that though, but I am not sure where.

Karma - you must be so proud of Drew Carey ... and I loved my drive through Cleveland this summer (along the waterfront). Really - I did!!

One thing to bring this alcohol thing home - I know someone who is essentially in an induced coma, on life support, because he detoxed (very heavy drinker) and had a seizure. He works for my parents and is a really good guy. The docs say he will be okay, but he has been under for 5 days - and he is not even breathing on his own yet. The nurse said they see someone like this every week (and it is a REALLY small suburban fringe hospital). How sad.

We can beat this!!

Big hugs,
                  Pansy

Comment

Working...
                  X