Do You Watch ManTracker ? Sad story.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you watch the show "Man Tracker" ?? Our friend was the guide on the show last night... (Along with that regular fella with the gray beard) Our friends name is Phil Lemieux - His horse was an appaloosa gelding (25 or 26 years old ) "Lucky". Just watching the hilly, rocky, muddy terrain made me shake my head at a person pushing an old horse like that !! Sadly, right after the shoot, Lucky coliced and died...:upset: Nothing could be done to save him. His intestine completely twisted and he had to be put down... We know that Phil is a really competitive, show off and I'm afraid he ultimately rode his horse into the ground.. I would not want to be that man... I would never be able to live with myself.. Sadly I could see Lucky bulking during the making of the show... I know that gelding and Phil raised him right from birth.. Lucky would never not do as he is asked... One in a million that ol boy...They had to dismount and force the horses through some terrible terrain... Just too sad. I waited until the end of the show to see if they would say anything about dedicating the show in honour of him or... anything atall... They didn't even mention him passing when the show aired.. Lucky now is running on the wind... He was a very good horse and I shall never forget the day he was born. He was one of the cutest little foals I've ever seen.

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

I don't know the show you mean, but I'm really sorry to hear about the horse. I can tell you knew him well. I'm a horse person and few realize how much horses put up with silently, and how much they give without complaint.

Comment

Niblet that is so sad. I don't know of the show either. But I do know of quite a few incredible, spirited horses.
      Here's to Lucky & his free spirit, running free & wild now...:h
      Holding his proud head high...
      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Niblet, I don't know the show but your love of animals comes through loud and clear. I hope your friend has learned a lesson. I'm sorry they didn't say anything on the show.

Comment

Working...
        X