Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I evil?

Grapes of wrath !
    My wife does'nt know if I'm drinking because of my humor....because I'm crazy all the time. Keep them off balence ! Really, just talk with him...let him know that your just having fun. Is'nt this the girl you fell in love with ? Has my personality changed that much ? Oh my...I think I'm finding my female side ! Only kidding.....all my Sunday Afternoon Football Buddies ! Ha ! IAD:H
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Am I evil?

Hey IAD I'm a great football fan! Frozen Tundra and all that stuff! :H
      Marcie

Comment

Am I evil?

Memarcie,
        I bet your tundra is a lot more frozen than mine in Baltimore ! IAD
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Am I evil?

I talked to hubby tonight and he played innocent that he didn't meant anything by it. I don't really believe it, but I had bought wine earlier today and we both agreed I should have said something earlier if it was bothering me and not resort to wine to drown my anger in. So I guess its resolved for the time being.
          Marcie

Comment

Am I evil?

Memarcie - You prob did the smartest thing for you to do - you talked thru your anger w your buddies here before doing something rash and maybe a little foolish, and everyone helped you see it in a funny light, and you were able to blow off steam. Then you were able to just talk it out with your hubby and smooth things over.
            The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Am I evil?

Loved the suggestions from everyone, and glad you talked it out last night, but if you don't feel the issue is resolved I would bring it up again.
              Hope all goes well

Comment

Am I evil?

Yes Marcie I hope you and hubby can work it out without playing the wine glass games!
                Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Am I evil?

Now I feel really bad.....
                  I did go out after work while hubby was golfing. It is pretty obvious that I've had a few. I have a little buzz going on and even told him I did. He hasn't said a thing, hasn't even rolled his eyes at me. Now I'm afraid that I've alienated him enough that he doesn't even want to say anything to me.

Wow, can't make me happy huh?
                  Marcie

Comment

Am I evil?

Marci, I'm sorry but having had been there on this one...how can you work through anything if he isn't talk to you about stuff. I don't think you have allienated him but it sounds to me like he is alienateing himself.

I'm no expert tho.
                    Gabby :flower:

Comment

Am I evil?

And he wants you to feel bad and its his way of punishing you.

Again....I'm no expert....just divorced.

Comment

Am I evil?

And if he makes it all your fault then he doesnt have to deal with anything.

Geeze.....i gotta get off this thread.

de ja vous

Comment

Am I evil?

Sounds like maybe you both have a hard time on the communication front. He shuts down when you drink because he is devastated after all you guys went through together. He may feel like you are slapping him in the face right now plus doesn't know how to say it . Maybe you guys should go to counseling you have had a very very very hard year. :h
                          Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Am I evil?

Men are such silent creatures. We don't commicate much & we don't say much when something is eating at us. Men are from Mars, Women from Venus. Just ask him what's eatting at him ? He'll let you know. Of course if you know what's eatting at him you may not want to know. Still you have to talk it out. Lot's of luck. IAD
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Am I evil?

I think he communicated very clearly with the wine glass. He just isn't good verbally and needs to be pushed. As I said before, hubby probably believed/prayed she would never drink again after her/their health ordeal, and does NOT know how to handle this. But Marcie, if he didn't love you he'd be long gone by now. :h

Comment

Am I evil?

Sorry to say this. One of the things you learn in alcohol class is that even if you "straighten up" is that no one believes you and you are damned forever.

My daughter told me this. She had to go through those classes and it does make sense. We made our family/friends go through so much that they are just waiting for it to happen again.

Instead of making light of it, talk seriously about it. It is not a light issue. It IS a serious issue. Remember, there are more than ONE of us going through this. The entire family is. Try being sensitive.

Sorry if this sounds "against the grain" but remember, he has been hurt by this issue as much as you have. Love him, too.

Cindi
                                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X