Sad-Had to Put My Dog to Sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to put my Golden Retreiver to sleep this morning. I knew it was coming because she had cancer in her nasal cavity. She was 13 years old and it was time. But I didn't realize how hard it was going to be. I thought for some reason that I would be OK about it when the time came. She was such a sweet dog...she was so good even as they were putting her down she was doing everything we asked of her. I am going to miss her.

Oh gosh Vic, my heart goes out to you.

Others here have talked about Rainbow Bridge maybe the site will be of comfort

Rainbows Bridge Home Page

:l
    Marcie

Comment

I am so sorry! Some of the worst pain I have known in life is having to put pets down but it is by far the most loving thing we can do. I just wish we could put people down when their time comes but that is a whole different topic.

I hope you can take comfort in knowing you did the right thing and you provided a good life full of love for your doggy.

Google Rainbow Bridge. It brought me a lot of comfort.

The pain will subside and you will be left with your good memories. Believe me, I have lots of experience with this topic, sadly.

Comment

Vic,
        My heart goes out to you. I too have lost my best dog friends to cancer. There is a lot of pain you are feeling. I am feeling it with you too.
        Thinking of you.

Comment

Am so very sorry vic.

Saying a prayer for you and your Goldie.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Hi Vic,

Crying with you too.

m. xxx
            ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
            I am in the next seat.
            My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

I've been there vic. was there with my dog-in-law as she passed and my kitty,

It is so hard cuz they love us and we love them so unconditionally.

:h :h
              Marcie

Comment

Vic - I'm sure you did the right thing for your dog. Sorry it hurts right now. I know she had a good life thanks to you.
                Lisa

Comment

Vic so sorry. I've been there - I had no idea it was going to be so hard. My thoughts are with you.:l

Comment

Vic,
                    I have had to put pets to sleep as well and it never gets easier. They are part of the family. Your Goldie is happier right now and pain free think of that. I know that's what gets me through the hard times. Also thinking of them playing with all the other animals and having a great time!
                    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

I can only echo what others have already so eloquently expressed. I've been where you are, twice, and its never easy. Perhaps its their unconditional love and acceptance that makes it that much harder. Know that you gave Goldie relief and know that someday you'll be able to remember her with a smile rather than an ache in your heart. Hang in there.
                      Hawk

Comment

Thinking of you, Vic. You have given your good friend a loving release from pain--a true gift. It is always hard, and you did the right thing.

I'll be thinking of you.

Hugs,:l

Kathy
                        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Vic,
                          I'm so sorry. There's nothing that compares with unconditional love... I lost my Sid about 2 yrs ago. She went everywhere with me for 14 yrs. It's so hard to say goodbye. I couldn't even speak her name for months w/out crying.
                          My new doggie Bungee wears her old lifejacket on the kayak. He has a real hard act to follow...:h But he's stolen my heart too.
                          Rainbow bridge is a wonderful site to check out.
                          :l
                          Judie
                          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Vic - The paw prints left on your heart will never be forgotten.

:h
                            Marcie

Comment

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I really appreciate it. I am doing better now. I am wearing a T-shirt that I have with a picture of her when she was a puppy on it. I know it sounds weird, but somehow it is comforting. I think it makes me remember how much life she DID live and that makes me feel good. I also went and looked at lot of pictures I have of her when she was healthy and strong. She did live a long and very happy life.

Comment

Working...
                              X