Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody fighting a weight problem as well?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imatree,
    Wow, your childhood must be contributing to so many of your behaviors now. I am so glad that man is finally leaving so you can focus on taking care of yourself and getting that self-esteem back. There's nothing wrong with being sexy and one day I hope you come to realize that. I am sorry for the hurt you must be going though right now. :h
    Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Camper, I couldn't have said it better myself. You are full of wiseness today.

Maybe you should run for Pope . . .

Comment

Ima, I heard a CD that was a Dr. Phil book, don't remember the name (before he was God Phil) that talked about one of his patients. She had been abused as a child. As an adult, she yo-yo'd, losing something like 100 lbs and then putting it back on. What they finally revealed was that as she started to lose the weight, men started to find her attractive, and she would subconsciously sabatage her healthy eating habits so that didn't happen. I don't remember the exact words, but it was something like zipping on a suit of 100 lb armour to protect her from the men who found her attractive.

My heart goes out to you and anyone that has felt that kind of pain. :h :h

Comment

yes, I have read the same things, about women adding weight (I think unconciously) to make themselves less attractive to men, due to prior sexual abuse. I always wondered if this was true.

Comment

Yes, the weight gain to put men off is unconscious - because I think I want to look sexy.... In the times that I have been thin it has been so strange... I'd enjoy the attention and hate it at the same time. I need to work on that. Also now, with this horrible ending of relationship, and the hell I went through with the one before, I'm thinking "Never again!!" - and I don't want thoughts like that to sabotage my weight loss.

Another thing - before I was 40, body size was alway about how I looked. Now, the past couple of years, I have come to realize that it is about health and quality of life, about feeling good. Maybe I should focus on that... thought such as 'I want to feel good' rather than 'I want to look good'. Know what I mean?

By the way, the one week that I was AF, a couple weeks ago, I lost 5 pounds. I have been drinking quite a bit lately and intend for today to be AF day one and want to keep going with it. I think it's all coming together.
            Hugs,
            imatree

Comment

Pope is too much pressure Barb, maybe my wisdom is coming from being AF!
              Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Working...
              X