Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny sayings

Funny sayings

people in the south delete complete syllables from words- even the middle syllables.

and they eat pig's feet and chitlins.

and they do not say "what?" they say "huh?"

and they make the word "on" sound like the same sound as in "telephone"- in other words, own and on are pronounced the same

EDIT: But in the South you can get away from alcohol. In CA, I cannot. It is @ the end of the milk aisle in the supermarket, in addition to the alcohol section of the store, which just happens to always be the nicest section as far as decor. And alcohol is in my drugstore- and I do not mean rubbing alcohol. And advertised on the drive home from work each day on the radio. It is EVERYWHERE!!! And you can buy it 24 x 7 x 365.

I think I need to go live in Pakistan.

Comment

Funny sayings

soon you'll be able to find alcohol in as many places as crack!
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Funny sayings

My FIL from the south used to pronounce light bulb as "lot bub" hysterical.
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Funny sayings

and a brothers is called "bubba"

Comment

Funny sayings

and you shop @ Piggly Wiggly

LOL

Comment

Funny sayings

I think as well as sayings its the name people have for the same thing such as , imagine what you put a burger in ---- is it a bread roll
              breadbun
              cob
              breadcake?????
              bap
              I go to the local chip shop and ask for chips and a bread roll, she looks at me gone out and says do I mean a bun? Well I thought a bun was also a cake ???

Comment

Funny sayings

What is a chip shop Garden Girl? I love the way people in England say they are going on Holiday...it sounds so much more fun than just a vacation! One of the reasons I can't bring myself to take Kudzu, is that it grows all over the place here. Up telephone polls, trees, and anything in its path. Its terrible stuff.

Comment

Funny sayings

In Baltimore the ladies call you Hon !
                  They even got this contest every year to promote the life style here. Hon's are these ladies that wear leapord skin tights, have beehive hair doos , and cat frame glasses ! Ya that's why Hair Spray was produced Here ! ( Thank you Mr. Waters....Fellow Baltimoran. ).IAD:H
                  ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                  those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

Funny sayings

I call everyone Hon, sweetie, or dearheart or Babygirl!. I was born raised in the south. Somethings just stay with you.
                    M

Comment

Funny sayings

In the South it seems like "ya know" gets injected in every sentence.
                      It is not unheard of to end every sentence with, "ya know what I mean?"

It gets, ya know, annoying after awhile, ya know what I mean?

Comment

Funny sayings

We also say " That's what I'm talking about" When we agree with something & trying to make a big deal about it. IAD. We also have a saying...when we're trying to teach someone something: I'm not trying to rule you, just school you. Happy trails .
                        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Funny sayings

In the (real) West Country of UK (like right down in the tip of the SW peninsula!) women call each other 'Petal', 'Flower' and both sexes say 'Ma Booty' - as in, "Alright, Ma Booty?". (I don't tend to feel that 'bootiful' (beautiful!) at that!!)
                          'Feet' x
                          :heart: c: :heart:
                          "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Funny sayings

I spent most of my childhood in the US. After moving away, I kept in touch with friends, --more and more I found their expressions puzzling. One thing I remember is that when I was little, "no way" meant, well, that's just not gonna happen. But after a while, I started to hear it used to mean "wow, really?" after being told something unusual-- kind of like "you're kidding!"
                            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Funny sayings

lucky;176195 wrote:

and they eat pig's feet and chitlins.
                              Lucky,

What the hell are Chitlins????

Or do I not want to know?

Satori
                              xxx
                              "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Working...
                              X