Trying AF tomorrow (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been AF for two days with the support of a couple very special people on MWO ( You know who you are), but unfortunately I fell off the wagon tonight. I will try again tomorrow == failure is not an option in this battle.

Hang in there irishguy! You can do this. Embrace the morning; a brand new day; a new beginning. Keep on trying!!!

Comment

The one really useful thing from AA is "Just for today". So tomorrow, you will once again not drink just for the day. You can do it. I look forward to seeing your 0 in drinktracker.

Comment

Hi Irishguy

Yes, think, one day at a time. Just one day. 24 hours.

Then get busy with other things. Drink lots and lots of water.

We know you can.

magic xx :schmokin:
        ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
        I am in the next seat.
        My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Hi IrishGuy!

Hey, good luck tomorrow. I just wanted to say hi for 2 reasons: 1 - I am 3/4 Irish so we already have a lot in common!! ) and 2 - I was AF for 10 days prior to tonight. I am on vacation in Napa, and when wine tasting was just handed to me, I wasn't strong enough to turn it away. I am so bummed with myself! I didn't get drunk, but the draw to a few more little glasses was still there. I have spent the last few hours without anything, and I am thinking clearly, I am just so disappointed in myself!

I will be joining you tomorrow to try to start another AF streak. It is going to be tough while on vacation, but I am going to try. Good luck to you!!!

Comment

Hey Irishguy -

Day 3 and 4 are really the hardest. Just keep on doing it and if you get through those days it gets SO much easier. Have a plan for days 3 and 4 - you will get antsy!!

Jump back on! Hugs,
            Pansy

Comment

Irishguy

Good luck on making it through a new day AF. One day at a time - that really is all you have to do. Don't worry about yesterday or tomorrow. Just concentrate on these 24 hours. I know you can make it.

If you get into trouble, remember there is our new ASAP forum for people who are struggling at the moment to just make it through a hard situation. Feel free to visit us there if you need to. We are all here for you.

Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Love your attitude Irishguy !!! Look forward to all your posts !!! Take Care !!

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

We are all pulling for you. Tomorrow is a new day, and it can be AF for you. You can do this-we all can
                  Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement. With this kind of encouragement I think I might make it. Worked late tonight and had dinner on the way home. The good/bad news is I had one beer and one wine. Didn't bring anything home as is usually the case.

My other good news is three AF days this week -- first time in over a year. So there's hope.

Thanks again to everyone. I only hope I can be as supportive to my fellow MWO'ers as you are to me.

Pink: We'll have to compare notes as I have Jersey ties as well.

:thanks:

If we can think it we can do it!!!!!!

Comment

Yo Irishguy

One beer and one wine - that's baby food! You did great. You are showing such character and courage. I know you are going to do this. Not all at once - that never happens - but bit by bit. 3 days AF is a great start. I hope you are proud of yourself - you should be.

Tomorrow is another day - another chance to take things moment by moment and be successful. What a sweet chance!

Please keep posting. You are doing great.

:h
                      Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Hi Irish Guy!

I say you are still doing good. Isn't this so much better than you would have been in the past? (I don't know you, but considering you are here, I am taking a guess... ). I am ususally a perfectionist, but I am learning that this isn't the kind of thing I can be perfect at. After my slip last night, I am just trying to focus on the positives because beating myself up will only result in more drinking!

Like you said --- failure is not an option!

I am in Morris County NJ. Hot or cold??? :H

Comment

Hi Irishguy

Good luck and get the support from all these abstainers on this site...you can do it.

I am way behind many on her as still in "moderation"mode..for now that is better than full blown daily boozing.

Jumpt right back on where you left off..so plan the evening well.

Regards Cassy

Comment

Hi Irishguy,

You're doing great so just keep it up - I see this all as one long journey and as you know a journey is never straight (unless you're a Roman!) - expect pitfalls, roundabouts, taking a break to check the map and the direction you're going, u-turns, z-bends etc. Although sometimes you find you're going round in circles or even backwards for a while, it's all part of the same journey and the one that will get you where you want to be ! I just started again too after doing well for 3 months, fell, got back up, tripped, now trying for another 30! - There's a 'Booze Busters' thread over in Monthly Abs so hop over and join us!

Good luck - you'll be on day 4 before you know it!!
                            :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                            Goals:
                            Days 1-7 DONE
                            Days 8-14 DONE
                            Days 15-21 DONE
                            30 days DONE
                            60 days
                            100 days

Comment

Mags: Understand one beer and one wine isn't bad, and certainly better than it could have been, but zero beer and zero wine is even better - Which is what I had today WOO HOO!!!

Pink: Hope you were able to get back on track, but c'mon, on vacation in Napa and not have a little wine? That's tough for anyone. But let's get back on the AF bandwagon.

Thanks so much to all - it's your encouragement and your sucess stories that gives me the inspiration to continue!

Comment

Working...
                              X