• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

depression and alcohol

YAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Patty!
    I am proud of you too. Well done!
    We'll send you the whole flipping florists, him too! The florist, I mean.

m. xx
    ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
    I am in the next seat.
    My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

depression and alcohol

Me,
      It helps when your not drinking. But I come from a family that are prone to manic depression. I belive that I started drinking because of the depression...I'm know on anti-depresents. I seem to be handleing it a little better......still need my Zoloft 100mgs. IAD
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

depression and alcohol

I don't want flowers I want Roger Federer. :h
        Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

depression and alcohol

And me Happy camper....I want Maria Kuls.................what ever her name is....IAD
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

depression and alcohol

Sherapova? Are you talking tennis too?
            Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

depression and alcohol

Well in way........I just like Maria , can't help myself 1 IAD
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

depression and alcohol

Yes she is a pretty one, I don't blame you, I have an irrational crush on my tennis player and I am going to change my avatar back to him.

Comment

depression and alcohol

God, Happy..

You know, I would if I could.

m. xx
                  ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
                  I am in the next seat.
                  My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

depression and alcohol

Thanks Magic.....

Comment

depression and alcohol

Drinking vs/causing Depression

This is a true story. I wish I had heeded attention at the callow age of 16.

I was dating my now husband of 32 years.

My mom had just gone through a radical mastectomy for cancer.

My then boyfriend came home and found her taking valium. (He was also dressing her wound, what a guy!!) He took the whole bottle of pills out of her hand, flushed them down the toilet and said "Ginny, those will only make you avoid the real issue. You can handle this!!"

She still talks about how she really hated him at the moment and has come to really love him in the long run. She is so grateful to not be addicted like so many friends became over the long run.

Too bad I didn't pick up on it. As life has gone by, I have used alcohol to "numb" the inevitable "sh#t" we ALL have to deal with on a daily basis.

Greg has never used any substance to deal with the crap. I learned to. He, unfortunately, never saw the drinking creep up on me, or he would have started pouring the stuff down the toilet.

I have used this phrase before, "I see the quiet desperation" in his eyes. He knows what I am doing. He understands. He knows it is avoidance of everyday stress and what hits us all. Some of us use alcohol/drugs to avoid the natural reaction to stressrather than learn how to deal with what is actually an every day occurence of stress that we must simply learn to deal with.

Okay, enough preaching. Just looking at it from the point of an an "avoidance" personality and seeing from the eyes of one who is with one who just deals with the every day (and I mean this guy has some real stresses) stresses head on and handles it with his "natural' body.

I sure wish I was him. He is such a wonderful guy. Lucky I hooked up with him!!

We can learn to to this. Greg is not special, he just recognizes that you "just do it!!"

Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

depression and alcohol

I mostly drank to deal w stress, but also depression. A few years ago I joined Curves (the ladies exercise gym) and I found that did help w the depression because I felt so much better and noticed that if I missed a week or so I would be very depressed again. I think the exercising was the beginning of my road to wellness - although I continued to drink for another 2 years. Then I quit the drinking, (23 days AF now) and feel fabulous. I think you will too, but if you were drinking to deal w depression, I would recommend you find yourself an exercise of some kind that you truly enjoy (so you don't have to force yourself to do it) as an outlet for yourself. Exercise does release all those wonderful endorphins, which are natural "uppers". And if you are on Rx for depression, I wouldn't ditch them just yet either.
                        The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

depression and alcohol

DB you have a great hubby there! You are very very lucky! I wish we could all just deal with stress like that.

Comment

Working...
                          X