Vivitrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vivitrol

Has anyone noticed a growing tolerance to Vivitrol with continuing use? Seems like it isn't as effective now that I have been using it for 4 months or so.

Vivitrol

Just wanted to answer. No, I have never taken vivitrol. I just want to say that you have a large heart. Keep the struggle - which is not always a struggle - it can be fun, sometimes.
    Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Vivitrol

I am on Naltrexone (daily pill form of the same stuff in vivitrol) and I do think it worked a little better in the beginning than it does now. I've been on it for 10 weeks, but experimented w/some 'breaks' to see how I would do without it. I definitely do better with it than without it, but I am able to manage to keep control even when I don't take it. But, I enjoy alcohol more without it which is a catch 22 as we all know. The more you enjoy the alcohol, the more likely you are to overdrink. I'm still trying to figure out what my long term strategy should be, though. I don't want to take a Rx drug every day if I don't need to and right now I only mod once/week so it seems silly to take it every day. I read one study that suggests it is just as effective to take it only when you plan to drink. So, I've considered that as a long-term option. Or, maybe just going natural and relying only on the supps/vitamins, hypno, and maybe adding kudzu (which I don't take right now).

Comment

Vivitrol

I got a little off-track w/my reply so just wanted to come back and explain what I mean when I say I think it worked better in the beginning. When I was first on it, I would drink 2-3 drinks and really not feel like I could drink anymore. Now, I CAN keep drinking and enjoy it. Its still easier to stop and drink slower on the Naltrexone than without it, but I don't have that 'automatic' stop at 3 that I did when I first started it. Now, what has not diminished is its ability to keep my cravings away. I still don't have daily cravings. I just notice the difference in the amount I drink when I do drink has been creeping up.

Comment

Working...
        X