Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kick up the bum

Hi everyone

Well Im having a moan because im nearlly 8 weeks AF......and I feel very chubby...because I have been eating a lot more stuff to keep me away from alcohol on the evenings....I feel like ive stopped drinking and now im fighting the food tooo....I know about exercise and eating healthy and in moderation...but I dont seem to have to motivation to...do any....over here in England the kids are on school holidays for six weeks too so i have no routine until he goes back...we have done lots of activities together but money is tight to do things everyday.....and i have done lots of activies that dont cost nothing too....im single....and somtimes i feel like im watching the world go by without me and im stuck in a rut..Im not tempted to drink alcohol at this time which is amazing for me....because in the past boredam would mean buy a drink.....basically what im saying is im lonely and comfort eating and im getting myself down.....im sorry to moan when there are a lot more people worse of than myself right now.....but I just needed to let someone know how I feel...thankyou for reading.....

Kick up the bum

Comfort eating is quite normal for a lot of us when we quit alcohol. Try not to get too down. Maybe go out for a walk every day to liven up your endorphins and to get your body moving. I did this when I first quit. It did wonders for my body, weight loss and self esteem. Just doing something as simple as walking can give you a daily needed boost.

Be proud you are almost at 8 weeks. Everything will fall into place. Stop kicking yourself down - OK?

Comment

Kick up the bum

I'm listening - sorry you are feeling lonely. I know how that feels. I work mostly out of my house and have to work really hard

Are you listening to the CDS as all? I use the part where you are supposed to give yourself suggestions and dedicate that totally to healthy eating and exercise motivation. It's helped a lot.

Do you have any hobbies? Right now, it sounds like you are replacing booze with food. Now you need to replace food with something else.

Maybe things will get better when the kids go back to school.

Comment

Kick up the bum

If you are single and not working you can do loads of courses at college free or reduced price when he goes back to school.

I don't know how old he is but could you got to a local park for even 30 mins with a ball and even if you dont play, you could do what i used to do, walk around the park several times while he finds other kids to have a kick about with.

i also used to get chatting to other women at the park who were on their own, sometimes I made a friend sometimes just nice to chat for the half hour I was there.
        Take a drink and a few sandwiches, snacks etc and he will be happy.

have you tried 'Gingerbread' single parents group, they have info in library, they also have groups advertised in library, if he is young-ish take him to library -they have internet as well as books, dvd's, you could get him to do a project and you help him with it - a local history project about where you live ?

Anyway i must be boring you all now !!!
        good luck xx
        I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
        I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Kick up the bum

Why are you worrying so much about the food? Comfort eating is OK! Booze is not!. Maybe you gain some weight. Concentrate on one thing at a time.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Kick up the bum

Well done Keepon for an amazing achievement. What's a few pounds when you've quit the booze - I know what I'd rather have.

Like everyone has said, just getting out and about will lift your spirits and give you some exercise. Have you got a bike; maybe you could go for some bike rides with your son. I don't know whether this is possible, but maybe you could find out about local dog walking services (there are quite a few around the Hertfordshire area). They are always looking for volunteers to help to walk dogs - I must say since I've had my german shepherd loads more people stop to talk to you (unless they're too scared; he is a bit of a beast). There's also a UK website called Netmums which is great for finding out about things to do in the area with your kids (or not) and alot of free stuff too - worth a look.

I can understand your isolation but I'm so proud of you for not having given in or even wanted to; surely that's a milestone to be proud of.

Good luck
            Sweet

Comment

Kick up the bum

I know what you mean Keepon! But when the kids go back to school in Sept you will ge back in a routine. Maybe make one of those routines a fast walk in the park? It is very easy to comfort eat and then feel worse. What I do ...is weigh myself every other day and when I get so horrified with the reading on the scales, I then take action. Well done you for your Af weeks. that is fantastic. Bella xxx

Comment

Working...
              X