seven pm, day one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seven pm, day one

it sounds nuts. i just started drinking almost daily. it woudlnt normally be as hard, but im in jersey and my bf and his friend are watching movies sipping wine.. err.... i just feel left out ya know? i haevnt had any. i know hes a bad influence with the alcohol which i have explained already. but besides that, my question is basically, day one is pretty hard. its also saturday and the weekends have alway been my hardest times with drinking... if day one is hard, is day seven as hard? ive heard it gets easier.. is that true?

seven pm, day one

hi again

im gonna wait until my hubby goes out of town on monday then i can be crabby or cry or come on the website...tonight tho ill just try and be moderate...hes a big fan of pilsner..i would be fine on beer but my problem is vodka..groan

Comment

seven pm, day one

me145 it definately does get easier. being around drinkers is not making things easy for you but if it's at home that's rough...that will get easier too. My wife drink occasionally and it's fine with me now. i still have a hard time in social events that glamorize wine, but I'm getting better at that too. hang tight...it does get better!
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

seven pm, day one

It does get easier - but that's not to say it gets easy. The more AF days you pile up, the more being AF seems natural. And it takes several days for all the alcohol to leave your body so the first several days can be rough. It is harder on a weekend and even harder when others in the house are drinking. It is a matter of being strong and not getting depressed - just think about what a good thing you are doing for yourself.

Remember that we have a new ASAP forum for people who are in immediate need or crisis and need help from others here right away. Feel free to jump on there if you need to to help get you through the next few days. We will try to help all we can.

Are you taking any of the supplements or listening to the CD's? Those can also be a real help at this difficult time. I'll be thinking of you this weekend.

I'm glad you posted. You can get through this and it can get easier. I
        Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

seven pm, day one

August, Does your husband know that you would like to change your drinking habits? It would be easier if he was behind you but if not you can still do it. Keep coming back here and talking to us. We can help. Don

Comment

seven pm, day one

Hey guys, thanks... Well this is just the second day, but i havent really drank in about three days now, and i already feel my mood has lifted a bit, not depressed hardly at all. drinking definitely effects my depression. Yesterday I came on here and had to watch my bf drink all day with his friends at his parents house, then i had to go out with them to bars for four hours last night! but i didnt have a sip of alcohol! ugh it was torture. also torture bc im not friends with his friends, so i sat there and stared at my watch. lol... however, i got through it. im only doing a week AF right now. ihavent gotten the book yet, and i dont have the supplements here in jersey. my supplements are at my house, so ill start them on Monday. But even on day 2, really 3, i feel better guys. good luck! sorry to be all whiny and bitchy yesterday!

Comment

seven pm, day one

Me145,

I think you are doing very well considering.

Awesome!!

I am going for day 1 today. Wish me luck!!

See you tomorrow on day 4?

Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

seven pm, day one

yes definitely. we should talk being in the first few days together. its tough.

Comment

seven pm, day one

Whiney and bitchey you are definitely not! Just a brave woman doing a difficult thing. And doing a great job. Be proud of yourself. Hang around here long enough - you'll learn professional bitchy!!! :H :H :H :H
                  Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

seven pm, day one

Me145,

Awesome. If you can stay AF and still hang out in the bar, you have the strength to do this -- you already showed your determination. Hang in there.

Comment

seven pm, day one

hey irishguy
                      today is also Day 1 for me. I'm scared as hell. I'm also "home alone" today and it's only 9:30am and i'm already wondering when i'm going to give in. i currently sell wine - i'm trying to get into another line of work ASAP - but I don't if I'll ever get over the cravings at social situations.... good luck friend!

peace
                      red
                      "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

~Red :h

Comment

seven pm, day one

you're doing great!
                        "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

~Red :h

Comment

seven pm, day one

Day 2 for me. We can all do this together... Don

Comment

seven pm, day one

Just want to say that it does get very much easier.
                            Stick it out and look on the bright side.........once you are through withdrawal, if you stay off the drink, you will never have to go through any of this again.

Am only 14 days sober now, but can happily bypass the wine aisle when shopping.
                            Still would appreciate some, just no longer going ga-ga for it the way I was in the beginning.

I`m happy.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

seven pm, day one

August - If you have managed to sit through a social situation where people are drinking, both at home and out, without supplements - you are one strong woman. There is no doubt in my mind that you can do this. We will help and support you any way we can, just keep reading and posting. It does get easier, but there are always hard bits. I have in the past been 10 years sober, after the "hump" is over it just seems normal.
                              The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Working...
                              X