Sigh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sigh

Marcie - I'm glad you posted - I have followed your progress on these threads for months. I agree w/ young at heart. Your health scare was serious enough to sober you up. But now, that it's in the past and you're healthy, you may feel like you have a pass to drink. I know, because I am going thru the exact same thing. I had a physical in February and everything was great, so I breathed a sigh of relief, phew! So, I used it as an excuse to start all over again! Now I look back and it's been 6 months of drinking quite a bit more than before the physical. Well it's 6 months until the next physical and I better get back in gear. I was afraid to post too Marcie, I understand. Maybe posting is the first step in making the desicion to take this very seriously again! Good luck, I'll be thinking of you.

Comment

Sigh

Marcie, I agree with lucky and Kathy.

And you!

I am glad you regret posting cuz that says you have a good sense of healthy shame. Marcie, Please listen to that. Its talkin to you. And it says more then any of the rest of us can say. Listen to it before you get used to it, and start to ignore it.

Thats all that stuff that you went through with your doctors and treatments talkin to you. It wasnt just the six months of sobriety but all the other crap you went through that only you knows about. Not us....and really not even your husband. But what you know about. When you were alone and not feeling well. And the way the treatments made you feel. And the doubts that you had at times wondering how you were gonna come out.

Its not just your sobriety that your tossin aside. Its not just your relationship with hubby. But it is YOU. And that is a lot!

I am sorry if I have crossed the line sayin all this. I just remember you and your worry. I care Marcie. And so to a lot of us. And your people in real life care. But none of that will matter if you dont.

Please Marcie, listen to yourself. Inside is tryin to tell you it cares.

ok....bye
      Gabby :flower:

Comment

Sigh

What triggered you to drink again? I am so curious as I ma new at this and wondered what happened that you would take a drink after 6 months AF. I hope something bad did not happen. Hope you are ok! Let us know how you are doing. We are here for you......

Lynn

Comment

Sigh

Lyn, it wasn't so much that something triggered it, I have serious issues with alcohol. I was kinda forced into being sober because I was going through tx for Hep C. Not forced, but felt like crap for 6 months and drinking never crossed my mind.

I am beginning to realize that I never came to terms with my drinking which is why I am struggling now. I did the same thing with smoking in a way. I was kinda forced to quit after I was in the hospital for 2 months, didn't take me long to go back to smoking.

I'm thankful that I found out about the Hep because of MWO and I had minimal liver damage.
          Marcie

Comment

Sigh

Marcie, We all have serious issues with alcohol. You are no different with no more serious issues than others have. I think sometimes we bullsh*t ourselves into thinking " he/she doesn't have it bad like I do" and that gives us an excuse to drink or not put 100% into not drinking. I know I've done that and it's all crap! What is it that you actually LIKE about this drinking life? It seems to me that you have dodged a bullet with your hep and no liver problems. WTF? I'm not trying to be mean but sometimes I just call em like I see em... Don

Comment

Working...
            X