Exercise Thread Day 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Thread Day 2

Well, i am very happy with the response from the Day 1 thread! Well done to everybody who indulged in some exercise.

Amathyst, keep up the good work!

Chief (Don), you post on running interested me. I can't get passed the first moment of pain when i run, that's why i walk. But, am planning to run on the treadmill when i join a gym, even if it's only for a minute or two between walking. And, yes, who needs poison when they've got endorphins! Lol.

Diamond, you are not letting anyone down by not exercising if you are ill. When you are sick, your body needs time to recover. But please be aware, that we will be kicking your butt over the next thread or two to make sure you are keeping to your word

Janie, once you get those shoes on, there's no turning back!

Memarcie, did you end up taking your dog for a walk? I really want a dog that walks me...

Marshy, can i guarantee the 'looking hot' part? Well, your question prompted me to think (and thank-you, it gave me something to ponder on my walk this morning)... all i can say is that if you feel hot, you look hot! And exercise definately improves the way you feel about yourself :goodjob:

Hannah, glad to hear you got out with the hubby and k9. It is nice when you can turn walking into a social thing. And yes, you're right... we do need an emoticon with a sweatband! RJ?!

Imatree, you are going through some rough stuff at the moment, so if exercising is difficult for you right now, try to relax some other way. I will however suggest that a short walk around the block may be good for you (i like pushing boundaries). Also, in relation to anxiety, research has shown time and time again that exercise significantly reduces feelings of anxiety and depression in people (cannot cite research, just stuff i picked up along the way).

Niblet, will hold you to that!

Just went out on my early morning walk. Was a little harder today due to sore butt muscles, but that only tells me i am doing something good for my body :yougo: . I noticed that my core strength seem activated today, which is what i'm eventually aming for.

I would like to say a big thanks to all those who responded on the Day 1 thread - your thoughts and comments really motivated me this morning... I was motivated anyway, but your thoughts got me out straight away.

Well, i'm looking forward to hearing more stories, thoughts and suggestions in relation to exercise.

PS. Feel free to use as many emoticons as possble. I think we're gonna need them .
    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Exercise Thread Day 2

Wimped out today

I only rode my bike 3 miles today. I normally ride 10 on sundays. My legs were really sore from my workout at the gym on Saturday so I cut my ride short. But I did mow the lawn some more today. Back to the gym early tomorrow morning.
    Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Exercise Thread Day 2

well Change I think the weekends kind of slow down the forums all 'round...don't lose heart!
      I'm so bloody sore today from jiu jitsu yesterday that it hurts to move...arg. I snapped off a fingernail so even typing is sore....the things we do to be "healthy" ok, I need a homer simpson emoticon...hmmm.

Mags...ONLY three miles...comon....that's super. I did some work around the house and ate a large ribeye steak. LOL! what a workout that was.
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Exercise Thread Day 2

Hi Change, Mags, Determinator -

My poor dog is pretty tuckered tonight - I took her for a nice long walk today, came home & made supper, and after supper hubby and I took her for another. So she and I got double workouts today, and I even ate properly today. So not a bad day all around.

Onwards to tomorrow!!!!!!!!:baaah:
        The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Exercise Thread Day 2

Well done guys!
          One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Exercise Thread Day 2

Early morning here - I like that I get to be inspired by what you all have done as my day progresses! I will exercise today.
            Yesterday I quit drinking and smoking (again) and so it all goes well together. I''ll walk after work today - that will serve also to keep me from craving drink this evening.

Thanks for the inspiration all!
            Hugs,
            imatree

Comment

Exercise Thread Day 2

What the heck is ju jitsu anyway

I walked 45 minutes in the hills yesterday and I am very happy. Today it is very windy so I think my daughter and I are going to have a Dance Dance Revolution tournament. Plus I got to put another 0 in drinktracker now that I figured out how to use it.

Comment

Exercise Thread Day 2

Yesterday I ran for 30 min, then did sets of pushups/situps. I'm a little sore this morning but it's a "good sore". I have some work to do outside today and then plan on another run. I have to stay busy as today is day 3 for me and that's when it gets tough. Don

Comment

Exercise Thread Day 2

Great job everyone! Exercise is such a key factor for me so I hope it's okay to jump in here.
                  Mags--I agree, doing 3 miles is a lot better than nothing.
                  I did the treadmill 40 minutes yesterday and stairclimber 10 minutes.
                  Will repeat that today.
                  Thanks for inspiring us Change.

Comment

Exercise Thread Day 2

Hello everybody ! What a great thread that you have started change ! I just noticed when I logged on right now as I finished my day 2 workout you are already on your day 3...
                    I spent 20 minutes on the bike and then did weights on my bowflex. I will have my replacement belt back for my eliptical... I really miss it ! I like to workout and watch TV. Tonight I watched Wife Swap... See everybody tomorrow !!! Hugs,

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Exercise Thread Day 2

Hello again!

Another good day today - went to Curves on the way home. Quite often it's not too busy, and when we are supposed to move on to the next machine, I'll take an extra turn on the ab machines - my abs are screaming right now, may have done too much? Then came home, checked in on the 30 day ab thread real quick, and then took my dog for a good brisk walk. So nice when it's summer and it's good for walking outside! Ate properly again today, (so far - the night is still young, unfortunately!) :H but all around another good day. Sure like this thread, Change, I found myself thinking this afternoon about what I would do for exercise today - keeps a person motivated!
                      The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Exercise Thread Day 2

It sounds like you did a lot Hannah! Well done.

I'm glad people are liking the thread. It keeps me motivated as well.

PS. Sometimes due to time differences, Day 3 for you may be Day 2 for somebody else. Basically, when i get up in the morning, i start a new thread (although anyone can do it, feel free). I will start from "Day 1" on the 1st of September, just so we can have some consistency between the "Newbies in Need" thread and new our exercise thread :yougo: .

Comment

Working...
                        X