What is it with wine??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is it with wine??

I just wanted opinions as to why 1 type of alcohol affects you differently than another. I did really well tonight and drove straight home after work without stopping to buy wine. I hit panic mode at around 6pm but still resisted the urge to go buy any. However around 7pm I couldnt stand it anymore and dug out a bottle of bacardi. After 1/2 bottle I am no where near "buzzed" just a little tipsy, yet 1/2 bottle spirits is around the same units as abottle of wine!(I think).with the wine, I would be quite anaethsetised my point being:- what is it with me and wine?? I am just thinking I have had all the bad stuff associated with alcohol but none of the pleasure. consequently I am more "pissed" off than usual. and again very dissapointed in myself.
    Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

What is it with wine??

Maxine - I believe that rum is the same as standard hard liquor, about 40% alcohol. Since a bottle of wine is about 12-13%, it's more like 1/3 of a bottle of liquor is equivallent to 1 bottle of wine. So, 1/2 bottle of rum is probably more like 1 1/2 bottles of wine. I don't know if this helps. But that's how I have been gauging things.

Comment

What is it with wine??

I've heard that different forms of alcohol affect the brain and personality in different ways. You know, some people say tequila makes them mean, whiskey makes them stupid, etc. So I don't think it is only about the alcohol level as for the effect it has.
      Hugs,
      imatree

Comment

What is it with wine??

Yes, and I figure tolerance comes into it too............was a "seasoned" (LOL) wine drinker, and as such could handle drinking quite an amount of wine, but any time I drank spirits I`d be p***** within about 2 hrs............just had no tolerance to spirits as not used to drinking hard liquor.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

What is it with wine??

My doc (cardiologist) said he'd be more concerned if I drank hard liquor than he was about the wine. However he still wanted me to cut way down on the wine. He was not my PCP but I told him about my drinking and the Topa that I was taking that I was getting from and online pharmacy.

He didn't explain why he thought one was worse than the other.
          If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

What is it with wine??

maybe it was the "disappointment facto" it's kind of like eating a carrot stick instead of a hamburger.

Comment

What is it with wine??

zhenna64;179130 wrote: maybe it was the "disappointment facto" it's kind of like eating a carrot stick instead of a hamburger.
              yeah LOL you got it . dont think i'll try that one again xx max
              Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

Comment

Working...
              X