Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Thread 15th August 07

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the wonderful response yesterday.

Lol about the mirrors at the gym. I will be heading there myself next week.

Muchthought, congratulations on the walk yesterday. That is really inspiring news. Okay, so you didn't make it passed day 3 AF, but you can up and try again. Exercise may really help you with this. Oh, and by the way, shopping is definately exercise.

And well done to Don and Mags for their run and swim (respectively)... Swimming is really good for you, so don't underestimate it! I wish i were fitter, i would probably go swimming every now and then.

And i have to say Niblet and wwbarb... how do you stay on those ellipticals? They're hard.

I hope i haven't forgotten anyone. If i have, i am sorry.

Diamond, i hope you are feeling better.

Well, that's it from me.

Went on a 45 min walk this morning. Am preparing for work, which will be another workout in itself. Noticed yesterday that some of my stomache muscles felt a little bit sore, which is good from just walking. So, next week, it looks like it is off to the gym nfire: .
    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

I woke up a couple of hours early today (still not sleeping too well, but it's improving slowly) and was going to just potter about before going to work, but... read this thread and had to go to the gym instead. Thanks for the motivation, Change.

Muchthought: I'm jealous of your pine trees. I live next to marshes (hence 'Marshy') in east London, and it's lovely to have open land so close to the city but it's as flat as a pancake. The odd mountain would be nice.
    And Niblet: how interesting to be in mennonite country. There are bucket loads of religious groups here but they don't always live in harmony unfortunately.

Gotta go. Have a great day/evening everyone.
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Good morning , Marshy the mennonites have only been here a little over 3 years. The first spring about 4 familys came and bought some homes with farmland. They took out all power and plumbing and proceeded to work the land by horse... ( the first horse I've ever owned who is still alive due to tenderloving care LOL is 29, anyhow he watches the horses pull buggies and thinks," so that's what a horse is supposed to do" LOL) coffee is kicking in sorry off topic a bit ... They are truely amazing people... The one family is expecting their 13 child, looks like anytime atall.. Last baby came so fast that the husband delivered before the midwife could arrive.
      Yep, about the elliptical, I had my hubby build a sort of lift for the front... I found that I was hurting my toes and going downhill almost, so he has made it level for me... Much much better... The foot pads are quite large with a lip around so my foot doesn't feel as though it is going to fall off... All ellipticals are not the same in motion... I tried several of them and found the expensive ones were more awkward... The one I have is an orbitrek which I bought from a person that couldn't use it on a count of the sore toe thing. (which hubby has rectified)... You might like to try one at a health store or a gym just to get the feel.. Not jarring are a really good workout..I use a heartrate monitor, so I'm in range within about only 1 minute... I'll be doing my workout later this morning... Oh and I just thought of something else, everyday I clean 2 box stalls for my horses which is likely pretty good for my arms and back.. In the winter I find I'm definately not cold when I'm scooping... Gotta fly, see ya all later, Hugs,

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Hello All,

New to this neighborhood. Just ordered the book and some supplements. Now I have to get walking. Would love to have accountability partners. Go on - ask me - did you walk today CleanAct - that is my new name so I better live up to it.

Also, does anyone know any MD's in Southeastern MA. that would prescribe the RX's. Can you order them on line? Thought I read in a post that some have done that.

Thanks in advance for your help. I need this program BAD!

Comment

Hiya Change and all,

Change you are so organised it must be getting up earlier than the rest of us LOL !!!

I have now done my step exercises watching the dvd, it's not easy !! I am sweating now like a p*g !! LOL but feel better than ever - I have to keep repeating the mantra 'I will get my body back in shape' !!!

Hey, that kick up the bum (butt) wasn't too hard, but I don't think I will need it tomorrow.

Thanks again
          Diamond xxx
          I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
          I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Clean Act, i'm holding you accountable... what did you to today?!

I'm going to start the next day thread.

Change
            One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Exercise Thread 16 August

Rightiho,

It's been a tough few days with working and all, but i am finally feeling the effects of exercise. I woke up this morning and realised that i am feeling slightly more positive, which is good. Exercise really does improve wellbeing.

Have just had breakfast and am about to go for a walk.

Let me know your antics, your anti-antics and anything else that may interest us

Martine :jumpin:

Comment

Hi everyone, doing good, did my 30 minute run. Day 5 for me! Don

Comment

Excellent, an excersise thread..

Well, this past Monday was the begining of the end. I just could not take it anymore, being out of shape, looking like a 6 month pregnant women because of tons of beer drinking and no exercising during the last year. Most of my pants don't fit me anymore and I'm NOT buying larger ones, no way.

I used to be in pretty good shape, worked out hard 3 times a week for over a year, then injured my shoulder doing an excersise and had to stop for a while, but the injury was still not healed so finaly had to stop for an entire year. That year I lost all my muscle tone that I work sooooo hard to acomplish.. so it's back to square one PLUS ..because now I have an extra 10lbs of gut that I did not have 2 years ago..

So, started on Monday as my first day AF in over 2 years..and rode my bike from work to home in the afternoon, that's about 10 kilometers and takes me about 35 minutes. Also started a jogging program on Monday as well. So now I bike from work Monday to Friday, when it's not raining and I jog 3 times a week. This program is really good because it starts you very slowly and gradually increases the running over 13 weeks. Here is a link in case anyone is interested. SportMedBC - Run10kIntro

Just finishing off my day 3 AF now and I already feel and see a difference in my athletic ability. The body has a tendency to bounce back to a knowned state, so if you were in really good shape for a while, it tends to remember how that felt and results come a bit quicker than someone who never excersised before.. it's that way with me anyways.

I'll keep posting here as to my progress with excersise and look forward to seeing all of you do the same.

Cheers,

Riker
                  Do or Do Not, There is No Try - Yoda

Comment

Way to go Don !! Keep it up !!

Riker

Comment

Clean Act, go for you to start.. trust me, once you start getting into it and seeing / feeling the results, it's really fun to excersise and you actually look forward to it.

Of course there will be days.. but consistency is the key, slow and steady wins the race. Keep it fun, keep it slow at first .

Riker

Comment

You guys are all so enthusiastic. That's great!!! Today was a very unusual day for me - no exercise, I'm sorry to say. I worked late in my office. I just was getting so much done, that I stayed late. I'll hit the gym in the morning, though.

Off yer butts, everyone (including me!)
                        Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Hey Riker,

That's good news . I am going to check out the links tonight, after work.

I know what you mean about the muscle memory. I usually say to friends that it takes me about 6-8 weeks to see any benefit from exercise. But this time is different. I am not counting on seeing anything... I am just going to take it each day as it comes and try for my best.

Keep up the good work everyone

Comment

I've had a really busy day and fully intended to excercise in my little gym but instead I did scoop poop, and didn't hardly stop all day... I really feel great I must say ! Hugs,

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Working...
                            X