Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Thread 16th August

Hey everybody,

Have decided i might change the title of this thread to "Exercise Group "... It sounds more effective (and inspiring)... What do you think?

Rightiho, down to business,

It's been a tough few days with working and all, but i am finally feeling the effects of exercise. I woke up this morning and realised that i am feeling slightly more positive, which is good. Exercise really does improve wellbeing.

Have just had breakfast and am about to go for a walk.

Let me know your antics, your anti-antics and anything else that may interest us mad exercisers

Martine :jumpin:
    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Hi Martine,

Here it is still August 15th for another 3 hours. I posted my day's activities in the August 15th thread.

I think it's an excellent idea you have. I am really up for it , posting my daily excersise here as well as my AF progress in the newbie threads..

Excellent, I will reply to August 16th tomorrow..

Cheers,

Stephane

BTW. where are you located ? and do you speak French ?
    Do or Do Not, There is No Try - Yoda

Comment

I wish i spoke french and i'm in Australia! I sort of speak french... bonjour...

But, yes, my ancestors are French Canadian, if that means anything.
      One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

PS. I'm sorry about the confusion with time zones. I just sorta get up and create the thread.

Comment

Hiya Change,

i understand - for once !!!

Done my Reebok step already today !! Yeh.. feeling better than last few days, thanks for the encouragement, I know I have to post on here so I do make sure I do it !!

Diamond x
          I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
          I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Back from the gym, third day in a row. 30 minutes eliptical and 30 minutes stationary bike. Yesterday was 15 minute eliptical, upper body weights, and a 40 minute cardio tape.

Tomorrow, legs and cardio.

Comment

Wow, y'all are bright and chipper! I am just up:ranger I had a HEAVY cardio day yesterday and pilates, will take it easier today with a 2-3 mile walk! Have a great one everyone!!
              Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

OOH - can I join in ... PLease!!!

Yesterday 15th - I did 90 minutes in pool doing stroke drills coz I'm a but rusty!
                Just starting back swimming after a lengthy layoff.

Plan a Gym session tonight, plan is 60 minutes cardio and 30 minutes weights.

I will report back tomorrow.

I LOVE my exercise!
                It lifts my mood and makes me feel GREAT!

I'm just coming up on 30 days AF and exercise is playing a BIG part in keeping me AF.

Good luck all - whatever your goals

Satori
                xxx
                "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Exercise

[QUOTE=Change;179836]Hey everybody,

Have decided i might change the title of this thread to "Exercise Group "... It sounds more effective (and inspiring)... What do you think?

Rightiho, down to business,

It's been a tough few days with working and all, but i am finally feeling the effects of exercise. I woke up this morning and realised that i am feeling slightly more positive, which is good. Exercise really does improve wellbeing.

Have just had breakfast and am about to go for a walk.

Let me know your antics, your anti-antics and anything else that may interest us mad exercisers

Well , all I can say is that I have been exercising non stop for 40 years and it has done me just fine. Without the daily routine I would be lost . It keeps me up, energetic, happy and
                  very self confident. I'm now 45 and keep pace in any sport with the twenty year old crew .
                  When we stop being active our body ages rapidly, I've seen it time and time again. My mother is 75 and skies 15K every day in the winter , and walks the same during the summer every day. She is very young for her age, vibrant and upbeat . What can I say,
                  exercise is one of the best things we can do for our health despite some of our negative habits.

Robert

Comment

Yep Robert - I'm with you on that one - been exercising to excess all my life - aint gonna stop now!

Just somehow got roped in to training for a Triathlon again after several years away from competition.
                    When I was really bad with the alcohol - exercise did suffer - I never stopped - but wasn't doing nearly as much as I used to / like to.

I plan to remedy that now!

Take care

Well done your Mother - my Father is 75 and similar! Cycles and walks every day - he just recently bought himself a motorcycle!

Satori
                    xxx
                    "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Hi all,
                      Three hours cycling for me today. Ouch. Will have to get some padded shorts...

Riker: Thanks for yesterday's running programme. I tried running for the first time in years a few days ago and didn't know how to pace it. I just went for it and stopped when I couldn't carry on (only 15 minutes!). So now I'll try that programme to build up gradually.
                      sigpic
                      AF since December 22nd 2008
                      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Hello everybody, I gotta say this is so great to share this experience with others !! I've always enjoyed my workouts, but now it's that much better !! Thanks again Change !! This morning after doing all the barn chores I took one of my dogs for a hike through the bush. (the older lab must have been sleeping in the house and besides I don't get to have 1 on 1 with Beau very often.. She really enjoyed it !! ) Later today I did my 30 minutes of cardio ( elliptical/bike) bowflex and then floorwork/abdominals.. I'm noticing that I'm more aware during the day of my posture and holding my stomach firm and strong... I had 2 C-sections 15 & 17 years ago, so all my muscles were cut... I need to strenghthen them.. My stomach used to be really rock hard before we had our boys. I'll have to sneak in a workout tomorrow morning because I have to go into town, then pack for camp.. I'll be away until Sunday... So I'll be moving wood, shovelling sand for the beach and swimming alot... Keep up the good work everybody !!! Hugs,

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

I thought I was good, but Robert and Satori you guys put me to shame. Or maybe you just inspire me more.

Oh yea, baby - We're gonna be the MWO BUFF TEAM!!! Oh yea!!!

Nothing better for sobriety than exercise.

I lifted weights this morning (I ain't no wimp) and rode my bike for 5 miles this evening (trail riding). Tomorrow morning I have another session with my new killer trainer. I'll be sore this weekend.

Oh well.
                          Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Chance, thanks for the update on your location. ! Super idea this thread.
                            Marshys you are welcome ! It's a great way to get started on the right foot :-)

Mags, the MWO BUFF TEAM sound great to me !!! WE will PUMP YOU UP !! ( a la Arnold)

Robert, Satori, you guys are truly exercise nuts !!.. good on you. A year ago I was excersising hard core 3 days a week..and because of it I drank less then, but the booze did hold me back in achieving my full potential.. those Monday night workouts after a weekend of drinking were KILLERS..

Got over zealous on day and injured my shoulder.. tried to work through it but it was banged up pretty good.. so I stopped and a year and half later, I'm just starting to get back into it..It's slow and easy for the next little while.. I keep it to jogging (30 mins) 3 times a week and cycling 45 to 60 minutes 3 times a week.

Speaking off.. with the money I saved in beer the last 4 days I treated myself to some new training / running performance clothes.. and new shoes.. woo hoo !

Keep active everyone !

Riker
                            Do or Do Not, There is No Try - Yoda

Comment

Whoo Hoo, Riker!!
                              Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Working...
                              X