Exercise Thread 16th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did my 30 minute run then pushups/situps. I think exercise is a huge part of our success and this thread is a great idea. Press on everyone! Don

Comment

Chief;180368 wrote: Did my 30 minute run then pushups/situps. I think exercise is a huge part of our success and this thread is a great idea. Press on everyone! Don
      Hey Chief atta go man, press on(scuz your pun) is right on. I do an hour of resistance
      training on my lunch hour(I eat on the fly later) and then an hour or more of cardio
      3-4 nights a week.Last night I biked 45K in two hours. Sure feels good after, the endorphines are the best drug out there.:goodjob:

Robert

Comment

[QUOTE=satori;180087]Yep Robert - I'm with you on that one - been exercising to excess all my life - aint gonna stop now!

Just somehow got roped in to training for a Triathlon again after several years away from competition.
        When I was really bad with the alcohol - exercise did suffer - I never stopped - but wasn't doing nearly as much as I used to / like to.

I plan to remedy that now!

Take care

Well done your Mother - my Father is 75 and similar! Cycles and walks every day - he just recently bought himself a motorcycle!

Satori

I have stopped competing, I did that all my life and have had enough . Problem with me is
        I am competitive and go over the top training because I'm not happy to be in the back of the pack. I just do it for me now days, but I do still manage to stay on top.

We have had a world ITU Triatilon in our city for the past fifteen years and I only competed twice and then for fun as a team efffort . This year we hosted a half
        Iron Mann, next year will be the full Iron man. I'm thinking I may have to do this and I
        think I can do it relaxed, meaning, yes, in the back of the pack . 4 K swim, 112K bike
        and 26K run would be tough.

Robert

Comment

Marshy;180112 wrote: Hi all,
          Three hours cycling for me today. Ouch. Will have to get some padded shorts...

Riker: Thanks for yesterday's running programme. I tried running for the first time in years a few days ago and didn't know how to pace it. I just went for it and stopped when I couldn't carry on (only 15 minutes!). So now I'll try that programme to build up gradually.
          Marshy,
          I don't know if Marshy is boy or girlie, butt either way riding a road bike can be tough on all the giggles and bits below especially for men ( and the odd very special woman lol). Padded bike shorts, gel seat and the little cut away in the center of the seat
          can relieve the pressure on that special vein in the neither regions for men. This special vein is the one that delivers blood to your woo hoo so colapsing this vein can prevent
          any erections later on guys, yea I said it, no lead in the pencil, flacid, limp rope. Are we gitting the picture??

Robert

Comment

Well done guys - you've made me exhausted just reading your threads....

I was a 3-4 day a week gym girl and see a personal trainer at least every 6 weeks, but have had a bad virus for the last 3 weeks and haven't been able to exercise (apart from walking my german shepherd). I'm back with a vengeance next week though. I've got the week off with my kids and I've booked us in for circuit training next Monday and then we're off swimming and doing other activities. I also swim which is great and I've got some resistance gloves which make it even more rewarding. I've really missed it and I agree, it certainly does make you feel good.

I like the reference Robert about the giggles and bits. Never heard that expression before. I got a gel saddle for my bike too and it's been a godsend. My husband thought that my backside was padded enough already but obviously not - that was one in the eye for him!!

Have a great weekend guys.
            Sweet

Comment

Sweet Cheeks;180553 wrote: Well done guys - you've made me exhausted just reading your threads....

I was a 3-4 day a week gym girl and see a personal trainer at least every 6 weeks, but have had a bad virus for the last 3 weeks and haven't been able to exercise (apart from walking my german shepherd). I'm back with a vengeance next week though. I've got the week off with my kids and I've booked us in for circuit training next Monday and then we're off swimming and doing other activities. I also swim which is great and I've got some resistance gloves which make it even more rewarding. I've really missed it and I agree, it certainly does make you feel good.

I like the reference Robert about the giggles and bits. Never heard that expression before. I got a gel saddle for my bike too and it's been a godsend. My husband thought that my backside was padded enough already but obviously not - that was one in the eye for him!!

Have a great weekend guys.
              Sweet
              Giggles and bits , meat and two vedge, giggle stick, master of ceremonies, and in spandex I refer to it as plumb smugglers lol. Got to have a sence of humor in this world, it makes an
              otherwise boring place liveable .

Have a good weekend and please do get back to the gym. It's always hard going back after a break isn't it?

Robert

Comment

Robert

You are just toooooo funny. I can't stand it sometimes.:H :H
                Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Working...
                X