survey question for you all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So. im on my day 6. questions im curious about.

Who here has taken the topomax?

Who here is taking the Kudzu?

Did you guys notice the topomax took away the good alcohol feeligs?kudu as well? side effects? Lemme know!
    How long has everyone been AF and how many times have you guys messed up .. when you messed up and drank, did u go back to drinking for awhile or just temporarily?
    :l

Just some advice that might sound pyscho....Taking the mediation called ANABUSE may be a good idea. Anabuse causes a person to become ill if you drikw hile on it. Currently im taking a medication for health reasons thati cannot drink for a week.. and it helps tremendousally. so when i do my month af free in september, im going to get the anabuse....anyone try it?

bump....no one answered you?
    Gabby :flower:

Comment

More2life, I'm glad Chantrix is working for you. Keep up the AF days.
      When you went off the Topa did you do it immediately or titrate down? Also at what dosage did you experience the eye pressure? I am on my 5th day of Topa at 25 mg and the only side effect I'm feeling is itchy eyes and I'm not sure that's from the Topa. Thanks for your help!
      Rob2
      Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.--- Dale Carnegie

Comment

I never got any eye pressure. I take 200 mg and have now for 14 months and havent drank at all. I love it and it has hugely helped with my success.

Comment

oh yeah, good luck rvm. I can help answer more to you later just in a hurry this am.

Comment

there are a couple antabuse threads on the meds forum-- lots and lots of infor there.
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

me145,
              I am 4.5 months AF. I was up to 200 mgs. Topa, but have started to come down and will be off it completely by the end of next week. I did not want to take it forever, BUT I would have if it meant staying sobber. I took all the supplements and the Topa in the beginning, I followwed the whole program to the T. I can say this program worked for me...I tried and tried before and failed over and over. Now that I have a good amount of AF time I feel strong that I will not drink. BUT BUT BUT I have Topa on hand should this change as I WILL NOT BE THAT PERSON I WAS EVER AGAIN!!!!! It is hard and somedays no matter how many meds you take the craving is still there, but you have to keep trying.

Comment

What is chantrix and how much are you taking - did you get it prescribed?

Comment

I've done everything but the topa and have been AF for 40+ days now with no slips.

There have been little to no cravings until this last week. The only thing I can attribute it to is the fact that per program guidelines I have lightened up on the CDs ... actually I switched to the excercise and some work CDs.

Comment

glad to hear the Chantix is helping more2. I am going to start it again tonight.

Samadhi - it is a prescription for stopping smoking, but there have been some studies that it also may help other addictions. I had a script for stopping smoking and it helped a great deal. I was smoke free for 2 1/2 months and pretty much drink free at the time as well. I relapsed both with the smoking and drinking 2 months or so ago and need to get back on the wagon. You can find the smoking info on their website chantix.com, there are also a couple threads about it on this site if you do a search on it.
                    Marcie

Comment

I've been taking topa, 100 mg per day. For about 1 year & 8 mo now. I take the Kudzu sometimes but not as religiously as I do the L-glut(daily 1000 mg)
                      I don't think I've noticed a diff in the effect of the alcohol buzz, so much as the way I drink, when I do. I don't pound it down like I used to, just sip it slower.
                      Also I don't do hard alcohol anymore & rarely even wine. Just beer sometimes.
                      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
                      X