Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Thread 17th August

Hi everyone!

Have not had a chance to read yesterday's thread as i have to rush out to work now. Am doing a 12 hour shift today, so plenty of exercise for me there (although not official, additional exercise, but, hey... come on, 12 hours!). Will be back on the road tomorrow for more walking.

Everybody, check on and let us know how you are going ,

Change
    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Morning Change - well it is here in UK!

Did my session at the gym last night as per plan - 1 hour 10 minutes of cardio in total, followed by 30 minutes of weights - feeling just fine this morning!

Plan for today is a session in the pool 75 -90 minutes of laps plus some stroke drills mixed in there somewhere!
    (depending on how late I get back from work / traffic / etc etc!!)

Take care everyone - and keep on working those bods hard!
    You know it makes sense!

Satori
    xxx
    "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

It's morning here and I just got back from the gym. I'm working with a new trainer. I'm so excited. I'm finally learning how to do free weights. I'm tired of those machines. Bike riding later - looks like a beautiful day today.

Keep pumping!
      Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Good Morning all, I woke up and was on the fly early !! Did a quick 20 minute cardio and then out to the barn to clean stalls... To town then home to pack for camp... We will be filling the woodshed and hauling some sand for our beach so I'll get my workouts in one way or another.. See you all Sun evening or Monday, Hugs,

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Mags;180570 wrote: It's morning here and I just got back from the gym. I'm working with a new trainer. I'm so excited. I'm finally learning how to do free weights. I'm tired of those machines. Bike riding later - looks like a beautiful day today.

Keep pumping!
          Mags,
          you are obviously on the East Coast or a very early riser . I live in a province that has the earliest time zone in North America so usually I'm up and adam before anyone on this side of the pond.
          Free weights are better on the joints because unlike the equipement you are not locked in a box so to speak. With fixed equipment the joints tend to get stressed throughout any
          given motion at some point. With free weights this is not the case because, and as the exercise implies , the weights are free to move throughout any given motion.

Robert your catting buddy!!

TGIF

Comment

Session on the treadmill this morning. Planning to walk home from work (about an hour and 40 mins).

Hup, two, three, four!
            sigpic
            AF since December 22nd 2008
            Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Gosh, 70 mins cardio, an hour on the treadmill... you guys have me licked :bonkers: . I thought i was doing well with a 50 min walk! Lol.

Well, anyway, back to it tomorrow... When i join the gym i plan on doing running mixed with walking.

Thread may be started a little later than usual in the morrow. It is 3.38am here and i am still up. But, judging by past behaviours, even if i am up a little late, you guys will still be in bed, due to time differences :applaud:
              One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Change, you'll still be up hours before the rest of us - don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to do lots of exercise before we've even stirred LOL
                sigpic
                AF since December 22nd 2008
                Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Sorry you guys,

I haven't even lifted a finger today !!!!

Tomorrow, tomorrow, it's only a day away......

Diamond xx
                  I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                  I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Remember, this is not a competition. ANY exercise is GOOD exercise. And let's all remember what's it's like to push a vacuum cleaner with a squirmy kid perched on your hip. Mopping the kitchen floor ain't child's play, either, especially on a hot day. Up and down the stairs 100 times a day doing the laundry. That's exercise too. And then there are all those trips in the house with those heavy grocery bags.

Just a few thoughts............................

Comment

Hi guys and gals, or should I say, the MWO BUFF TEAM :-)

Well, I got home this aft at 4:00pm and felt tired, and thirsty for the wrong thing..so after some self deliberations, I kicked my own ass out of my chair and went for a run. Got caught in the middle of a thunderstorm..fun..but it felt really good after I was done. Got home drenched and cold, took a hot shower and grabbed yet another bottle of water.

That's my excersise for today ! Cheers everyone.
                      Riker
                      Do or Do Not, There is No Try - Yoda

Comment

:wd: :yay: :yay: :wd:

Go, Riker

Comment

Working...
                        X