Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Thread 18th August

Hi everyone,

Well, everyone is doing fine and welcome to our newbies.

I would just like to quote something from Mags, which caught my attention:

"Remember, this is not a competition. ANY exercise is GOOD exercise. And let's all remember what's it's like to push a vacuum cleaner with a squirmy kid perched on your hip. Mopping the kitchen floor ain't child's play, either, especially on a hot day. Up and down the stairs 100 times a day doing the laundry. That's exercise too. And then there are all those trips in the house with those heavy grocery bags."
    This is very very true. Whilst it seems we may not be exercising sometimes, we actually are (as per example above). It is not a competition, and if you feel you can only do 20-30 minutes per day, then that is good! Getting your body moving is good for you, it increases oxygen into the blood, which then goes to your brain and around your body.

But, having said that, i (and i am sure many others do) love to hear about all you exercise high achievers! It gives us / me something to aim for. This thread is a supportive environment aimed at encouraging and supporting others to improve their lives through physical activity.

Well done to Riker for overcoming the cravings, and Niblet, can i say? I am very jealous that you live in a rural area. I would love to, but am unfornunately stuck in the city :nutso:.

Am going to check out the local gym today and then go for a walk.

Also, am thinking of alternative ways to exercise and have come up with some ideas thanks to you happy people here

Let us know how you are going

Change
    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Okay, well, it's 4:20pm and i am committing to my walk at 5. Just had to check in. Motivate myself!

Martine
    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

I'm heading out to cheer on a friend who's doing a 10K charity run. Does that count?!
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

... not sure. Maybe. Uhm, no! At least you're heading out. Lol.

I did my walk... :cupajoe:. I need a day off to enjoy it and chill out. I am tired.

Comment

Hi Change,

motivating and inspirational as usual !!

I took 3 kids to Greenwich Park, London, we stayed for 2 hours and walked for 1 hour all around up and down the hills, so this was my enjoyable exercise today !! probably post one of the photo's in the gallery later.

Diamond x
          I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
          I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Took the day off yesterday but did my 30 min run today.. feeling good. Day 8 for me!

Comment

Well done Diamond on the walk and Don, it sounds like you needed a day off, but i'm glad you ran yesterday.

To all you non-exercises, where are you?! You can run but you can't hide! Lol.

Anyway, it's 19 August now, so i think i'd better start a new thread

Change

Comment

Working...
              X