Feeling SOOOO much better!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got a 2 hour massage and plan to take the rest of the day doing nice things for myself. I think I will go browse around the book store, get my tricycle magazine and sit at a good coffee shope for the remainder of the day.

I realized the two days that I was AF earlier this week I was giving FAR too much attention to my sobriety - as much attention as I was giving to my drinking. WAY TOO MUCH THINKING. Time to just go on and live, just without drinking - not make more of it than it is.

I know I can do this, I have done it before. But pacing around the house thnking about not drinking is as bad as hanging around the house drinking - for me anyway. I think I needed that little bump in my sobriety road to make me understand that.

I will replace the evening drinking times with some meditation gatherings, walks, massages, hell - maybe I'll take up nude still life painting... :H

Thanks for being here..

Namaste,

MM
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Hi MM

Good on you! Hope your day was all those things... and why not still life nude-ing...great!

Yes, I too, have found myself thinking the same - soooh much time thinking about not drinking (a reason AA isn't quite for me!)... Giving myself a paranoid complex...! (The very thing I had got rid of!)

Time to live indeed.... Good luck! Go for it and thinking of you.

Glad to hear you so much more upbeat and especially back in touch with your meditation...

Love
    Feet x
    :heart: c: :heart:
    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

THX FEET!.. with you on the AA thing.. that is also why I don't attend. works for many, just not me.
      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

yessir, i'm with you here. DO stuff, stop thinking about not drinking. Make our lives better, about all kinds of other positive things. We are what we do.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

MM

You are so wise. If you are thinking about not drinking, then you are really thinking about drinking. Just do stuff that you like. See how wonderful things are.
          Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Good for you, I COMPLETELY agree with you....instead of sitting around focusing on not drinking, you have to find an outlet. I love gardening and have recently started raising parrots, lovebirds, and bought a cockatoo today for a pet. I stay busy cleaning bird cages and loving all my pets. Much healthier than drinking.

Comment

Working...
            X