X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just let my girls know what I am doing here

Hey,
    hope everybody is doing OK !!
    I just got done telling my 7 and 9 year old it was scarry at first!!
    but leave it to kids to say the right things they told me how (and in there words) PROUD of me they are!! can you believe that! day 2 is almost over and it just got easier to look for day 3!
    I am in a good place in my heart right now!
    even if I can't fix it with my wife I know I still have them!!!!

keep thinking and praying for me I think it is working!

Much LOVE and RESPECT to you all with you I WILL do this

Bob

Shows little kids have enormous hearts, so let`s see Daddy get well for all of you.
    Hope your wife comes round soon.
    You`re doing famously........keep up the good work!!!

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Thank you Star know it or not you are a rock your words always hit home!
      Sorry everyone but she is "MY" Starlight of hope!!!!!!!!

Much LOVE and RESPECT to you.
      OH! and everybody else

Bob :happyheart: :happyheart: :happyheart: :happyheart:

Comment

Partychief,

Hats off to you for your bravery and willing to humble yourself even to your children. I too had to do this with my daughter, and believe me, they watch you like a hawk after that! They do it because they want to help you, and they think you want to be watched. I did for the most part, but there came those times of sneaking for me, and it caused a lot of resentment with my daughter whom I had already professed my intentions. The worst thing I did was not acknowledge when I blew it. They know it, so its best to be up front, and it teaches them much about being honest with you about their toughest life issues as teens. My daughter is 17. I havent slipped much, but admitting my struggle to my daughter was a huge step in holding myself to a standard of silent accountability. Nothing like beautiful blue eyes watching your every move!!

So proud of you.
        Allie
        If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

That's it, no more words of encouragement from me ! lol

I promise I won't tell you how well you are doing, and that your kids are worth every difficult moment and stuggle.
          It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

PPC

I know we have talked before. I just think you are so brave and I admire you so much. My children are older than yours, but I too had to finally be honest and come clean with them. I was also amazed at how loving and supportive they were. You are on your way to recovery, that's for sure. I truly hope and pray that your wife will see the changes and the hard work you are doing.

Please let me know if there is any way I can help you.
            Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Bob - That's so great... Well done indeed. It's been nearly three months since I told mine (14 , 18 and 28) and, reading your post, I realise how amazing it is to see the love and support still growing in their faces when I expect shame.....they're not ashamed of me. I am humbled by their pride in me. I so want to increasingly see something approximating to a relaxed trust, relief in that trust and a kind of 'forgetting' about those awful times in the past.... All I can do for us to enjoy that is carry on with the 'means-whereby' that can happen... the day to day staying a sober bod!!!

I have to keep any thoughts of how they must have felt in the past out of the picture...no place for shame on this road or on this site... If they come up, well, they are HISTORY!!!! No matter what, look forward, yesterday has gone, tomorrow never comes and today's all we have and all we need to deal with and all we require to BE in all our glory....

I recently heard someone on the radio say, "God wants us to be happy, surely today we can at least meet him halfway?"....! And I am absolutely sure our kids want that for us! And more! And I really, really hope your wife can too.....

Thinking of you Bob, and all your family...

Love
              Feet x :l
              :heart: c: :heart:
              "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Hiya Propartychief,

I was the same as you I was surprised when I told my kids that they were ok, in fact they have been wonderful and my husband has been awful...but that's another story !!

Good Luck for days 3, 4, 5, and the rest

Diamond
                I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

PPC, that is wonderful, kids are just amazing and can make or break ya. Sounds like they are so supportive and wonderful. Congrats on your AF days too!
                  "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

(((PPC)))

You are doing great. Enjoyed our brief talk on chat last nite, hope to see you again, but I won't be drinking either! You are inspiring :goodjob:

Comment

Bob, Way good for you!!!!! Keep on goin.
                      Gabby :flower:

Comment

PPC, You are on your way! Telling your girls was the ultimate confrontation with The Beast, and that took courage. I'm proud of you & know how hard that was. Stay strong and stay here... Glad to have you with us..Don

Comment

PPC, what made me keep going and want to do this even more was the day my daughter hugged me and told me she loved me and was very proud of the "new" me when I hit my first 30 days. Keep it up the rewards far outweigh the drink!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X